Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TAPTES Inner door "Anti-kick" 3D carbon fiber look protective wrap Model 3 (How to and pics)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LBM4

Tesla Fealty
Aug 20, 2021
California
So, I just installed the TAPTES inner car door "Anti-kick" 3D (carbon fiber look) protective wrap for my Model 3. I did a search and it looks like no one has done a "how to" or reviewed this product.

This goes for $12.99 @ Click here to Purchase

This product offers protection of your inner, lower car door from shoe scuffs when getting out of the car, scratches, stains, etc.

These were very easy to apply, with no bubbles and super easy to remove, with no residue left over. (This is what I prefer! Not having to deal with sticky crap when you want to remove these decals is a major plus!)

Before installing, use rubbing alcohol (see pics below) to clean the door of any dirt or debris. This also ensures an uncontaminated surface for the decal to adhere to. While doing this, put your decals out into the sun (2nd pic), so that they become warm and pliable. The worst thing you can do is apply a cold decal onto a cold surface.
The actual install can be done either wet or dry. If you are new to this sort of thing, I recommend a wet install. It's easier to prevent folds and wrinkles and gives you time to move the wrap around on the door, and to put it onto the exact spot you want. Just fill up a small spray bottle with a drop of dish soap and distilled water. Shake the bottle up, then spray the door and the sticky part of the decal all over. (Wash your hands first, and keep them wet. I then spray my fingers with soapy water.) Place decal on the door, put it into position, then squeegee out the soapy water from behind the decal. Watch YouTube videos ahead of time, as this can help when you are new to this. You can use a credit card to squeegee out the water or buy a nice felt-edged card for this sort of job.

Repeat the process for all doors. Make sure you get all the soapy water squeegeed out from behind the decal when applying. Enjoy your work and now your lower doors are protected. ☺️

All in all, this is a great product for such a low price. Under $15 and looks really good. Just like having PPF on the front of the car, this is an area that tends to get beat up and worth protecting. I personally prefer the carbon fiber look, as it goes well with my interior, but if you don't like the CF look, you can always get it in plain black to match the door.
7.jpg

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 267
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    597.6 KB · Views: 207
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    674.9 KB · Views: 197
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    581 KB · Views: 192
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    449.2 KB · Views: 186
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    563.6 KB · Views: 191
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    993.4 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:
So, I just installed the TAPTES inner car door "Anti-kick" 3D (carbon fiber look) protective wrap for my Model 3. I did a search and it looks like no one has done a "how to" or reviewed this product.

This goes for $12.99 @ Click here to Purchase

This product offers protection of your inner, lower car door from shoe scuffs when getting out of the car, scratches, stains, etc…

Looks good. I installed something very similar a couple years ago. Was initially concerned it might look a little cheesy, but for $10 or so I figured I might as well give it a try. To my surprise, it blends very well with the rest of my interior, so I ended up keeping it. Still holding up extremely well with no signs of peeling anywhere. A couple of photos attached below. As you can see, the one I have provides a little more coverage. So, let me know if you’re interested and I can dig up my old purchase record (would have been either Amazon or AliExpress).

9967912A-AC0E-4A05-B0C8-E65B74FABFC6.jpeg

B79A7E92-A9A7-44D3-9713-89AAB1AC21AE.jpeg

Looks good. I installed something very similar a couple years ago. Was initially concerned it might look a little cheesy, but for $10 or so I figured I might as well give it a try. To my surprise, it blends very well with the rest of my interior, so I ended up keeping it. Still holding up extremely well with no signs of peeling anywhere. A couple of photos attached below. As you can see, the one I have provides a little more coverage. So, let me know if you’re interested and I can dig up my old purchase record (would have been either Amazon or AliExpress).

View attachment 786858

View attachment 786859
Yeah, looks good. Good to know these hold up well! For under $15, you really can't go wrong though, can ya?

Reactions: GreenHokie
Hey @DocHolliday,

I bought mine from Amazon back in 2019. When I checked my order history and clicked on that item, Amazon says the same brand/product is no longer available. However, the one I linked below appears to be very similar, if not exactly the same as mine.
Good luck!

Reactions: DocHolliday