Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TapTes Leather Seat Covers - Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a lot of research on these before placing the order yesterday and there were not too many posts or pictures showing and reviewing the seat covers, other than from users who were banned. Creating this as a real user review for anyone who would like to understand if buying a used Tesla with the only downside of seat color/quality can be fixed with the known seat covers from TapTes as the solution.

I just purchased a used Dec. 2016 Model X 75D, 6-seat config, 22" Onyx wheels and White paint for $53k and I knew ahead of time that the only part of the car that I was not ok with was the stock seat material. Stepping up to the Model X, I am coming from a year now of owning a Model 3 SR+, FSD with white seats. Loved the white seats, wouldn't change it for anything.
Looking at the large selection of current 2016-2017 Model X's and even Model S's, it shows that after three years using the original Tesla leather they put in, I see it in about 9/10 cars of this ago that the leather has warped and it looks lose. Not a fan and can't live with it.
After watching many videos on installing the TapTes covers ahead of buying the car, the ease of installation and the final result looked worth the by to me.

5/4-5/8: I put in the research and at the end knew I wanted to put in the order. I emailed TapTes to get a better understanding of the different types of leather that they provide as their pictures do not show a real different.
With the 6-seat config, the prices were $600~ for the microfiber leather, $700 for the space leather, $980 for the brushed leather and $1010 for the NAPPA leather. Most of the reviews that wrote which leather they used from TapTes (very little stated which) said they used the NAPPA leather, and one used the space leather and was happy with it.
I emailed TapTes asking for a picture difference of the space leather and the NAPPA leather in white. Didn't know if they would respond or could proivide this, but next day I got an email with the picture (Attached as leatherDifference.jpg).

5/9:
I purchased the TAPTES Tesla Model X Leather Seat Covers with NAPPA leather, and put in the customize description as "Please do the white/black color seat covers with the Tesla logo on the headrests. The middle two and back two seats may have infant car seats."

5/10: Will update with more as this progresses and with final results.

Attachments

• leatherDifference.jpg
    leatherDifference.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 1,607
Reactions: 07e92
From what I've seen I don't like how loose they seem on the seats, and how they don't tightly wrap around the outside. They just look a little off to me.

They look loose around the headrests, but then again that's only on the adjustable headrests that I won't have. It's a small concern to me, the pricing is quite good so I wouldn't expect it to be similar to a bespoke upholstery.

I purchased the Taptes NAPPA leather for our 12/2016 P100DL ultra white 6-seater (perforated seats). The Taptes seats are perforated as well and red with black trim. They fit like a glove and are hands down the best seat covers on the market. The install time is a bit if you're looking for the best install fit. The 1st and 2nd row buckets are a perfect fit. The 3rd row is not as perfect due to the fold-down capability. The fit is good and tight but the cup holders aren't perfect and the seat covers hide the USB port in front of the cup holders. The headrests and center console covers are very good. The only exception in the 1st row headrests due to the headrest functionality but it still very good and is a limitation due to the headrest movement rather than the product design.

Reactions: EBossHoss
5/9: I purchased the TAPTES Tesla Model X Leather Seat Covers with NAPPA leather, and put in the customize description as "Please do the white/black color seat covers with the Tesla logo on the headrests. The middle two and back two seats may have infant car seats."
Dave, any update? I order my seat covers on 5/26 and haven't heard anything since the invoice. I'm getting worried.

Yes, was planning on adding to this soon. Received the covers a week back. Could not be more glad who they look, feel and the professional quality of them.

They are having some shipping issues, but they gave me all tracking numbers and details that I asked for to prove they are trying to get it to me.​

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-174938.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-174938.jpg
    311.4 KB · Views: 1,383
  • Screenshot_20200807-174947.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-174947.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 1,300
  • Screenshot_20200807-175001.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-175001.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 1,300
  • Screenshot_20200807-175010.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-175010.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 1,404
I put the TAPTES White Vegan Leather Perforated seats in the 2nd and 3rd-row seats of my 2019 MX.

My 90 pound boy Johnny Cash (that is him in my avatar) goes with me most days, and I was concerned that his nails could tear the OEM Tesla Perforations.

The TAPTES seat covers work and look great--clean up quick and easy when needed, and was simple install (by me) in under an hour. Plus unlike cloth covers do not retain any smell.

TAPTES (the company) was great to work with--very accommodating, and asked lots of questions to be sure to get it right.

VERY HAPPY!

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering getting these seat covers for the rear bench in a Model Y (haven't yet purchased but likely close to doing so). Has anyone used these with child car seats?

We have three car seats to put in the second row of the Y and I know it's doable but tight. I'm curious if adding these covers will make the car seats impossible to install/fit given the few millimeters of extra space the covers will take up.

Thanks!
Jared

Hi Everyone,

I'm considering getting these seat covers for the rear bench in a Model Y (haven't yet purchased but likely close to doing so). Has anyone used these with child car seats?

We have three car seats to put in the second row of the Y and I know it's doable but tight. I'm curious if adding these covers will make the car seats impossible to install/fit given the few millimeters of extra space the covers will take up.

Thanks!
Jared
Yes, just mentioned to TapTes that all of the back seats are needing a child opening addition. They will adjust the leather to make it easier to put in. I tried non-TapTes with child seats also and they are thick and have no opening, so you have to push and push and squeeze down the level to get the buckle in the latch.

Reactions: Orbsitron
Hey. I am not perfectly content with the straps on the back of the driver and passenger seats, but they aren't as noticeable as you would think and are needed to keep the cover flush.
I have ventilated seats originally and the seat covers block it even though it is also perforated. The holes just will never line up perfectly. I think it still works for heating, just not the cooling aspect.