Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes leather seat covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8EA8E3A4-EC96-493F-8D34-4D12210E8C1F.png
EA1A00E7-A3FB-42F2-B276-B82AEA3DAA2A.png
Picture is worth a thousand words

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
I wasn't expecting the middle console covers from taptes. I like that they sent them but they do pucker a little. I like that it brings cohesion to the car. I may remove them and try to get them to lay flatter. I have gotten a lot of compliments on them and the fitment is incredible. I will get better close ups so you can see just how good it fits. Best money spent.

Not getting why these are needed, what benefit do they bring by putting them over the vegan leather seats?
Some vehicles get a little more action than others (e.g., car seats, equipment, clothes with studded embellishments, etc). I could go on and on. My last vehicle of 10yrs with leather seats held up ok, was not as nice as the X. So personally I'll spend a few dollars to keep the seats nice while enjoying the hell out of life. Just my $.02

Reactions: Mrcook4590
Just curious, in the manual it mentions
"Warning: Do not use seat covers inModel X. Doing so could restrict deployment of the seat-mounted side air bags if a collision occurs. It can also reduce the accuracy of the occupant detection system."

Is it still ok to use these covers?

These seats are constructed so it does not interfere with airbag deployment. To answer the other question of why it's needed...i have a 6 inch split in the driver seat. My Tesla is still under warranty so I took it in to the SC to have them look at it. They took pictures and said they could just replace the bottom of the seat. I said great and then they called me and told me they wouldn't cover it because it was normal wear and tear. You gotta be kidding me I have owned it for 27 months. I asked could it be repaired. They said it could but it would cost $600 to fix. I paid $700 for seat covers. My seats weren't the leather seats they were the standard seats. I am disappointed the only time tesla dropped the ball. But on the brighter side I now have some awesome seat covers.

These seats are constructed so it does not interfere with airbag deployment. To answer the other question of why it's needed...i have a 6 inch split in the driver seat. My Tesla is still under warranty so I took it in to the SC to have them look at it. They took pictures and said they could just replace the bottom of the seat. I said great and then they called me and told me they wouldn't cover it because it was normal wear and tear. You gotta be kidding me I have owned it for 27 months. I asked could it be repaired. They said it could but it would cost $600 to fix. I paid $700 for seat covers. My seats weren't the leather seats they were the standard seats. I am disappointed the only time tesla dropped the ball. But on the brighter side I now have some awesome seat covers.

How many miles did your car have on it?

a six inch split after 27 months and average miles is not acceptable and Tesla should do something about it.