Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes M3 Seat covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

So I’m considering a set of Taptes Napa seat covers for my new M3 to arrive soon. With young kids, I want to preserve the seats for as long as possible and from what I can tell, Taptes covers are as close to OEM look as you can get.

I wanted to get feedback from anyone who has personally used these in their vehicle. Specifically:

1) Do they hold up well over time?

2) is the seat heat affected or diminished with these covers on?

3) Any issues with them regarding interaction with seat movement, (ie does the strap under the seat tangle or impair seat movement)

4) Any issues with the airbag sensors?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello all,

So I’m considering a set of Taptes Napa seat covers for my new M3 to arrive soon. With young kids, I want to preserve the seats for as long as possible and from what I can tell, Taptes covers are as close to OEM look as you can get.

I wanted to get feedback from anyone who has personally used these in their vehicle. Specifically:

3) Any issues with them regarding interaction with seat movement, (ie does the strap under the seat tangle or impair seat movement)

Thanks!
Do Not Buy
Ordered last Aug and NEVER received after many followups !!… now fighting for a refund!!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: Ssipbozi
Upvote 0
Hello all,

Thanks!
Do not buy as they do not deliver; ordered last August ; no support and fighting for refund!

Upvote 0
Hello all,

Thanks!
Dont buy anything from this company. The seat covers have a terrible odor.

Upvote 0
Hello all,

Thanks!
Got my Taptes nappa leather seat covers last year, but it's for a Model Y. Package was shipped from United States, their delivery was pretty fast. For the delivery, you could contact their customer service first. I'm happy with the quality so far.
Yeah, the seat heat diminished with those covers on, but it's ok for me.
No any strap or seat tangle issue, but it took me 1 hour to install!
Their product is good enough because at the back of the cover is opening so if side airbag will be deployed it still be able too.
Hope this will help you

Reactions: shephard357
Upvote 0
Got my Taptes nappa leather seat covers last year, but it's for a Model Y. Package was shipped from United States, their delivery was pretty fast. For the delivery, you could contact their customer service first. I'm happy with the quality so far.
Yeah, the seat heat diminished with those covers on, but it's ok for me.
No any strap or seat tangle issue, but it took me 1 hour to install!
Their product is good enough because at the back of the cover is opening so if side airbag will be deployed it still be able too.
Hope this will help you
Thanks for the feedback! I was concerned about the loss of seat heat, given that it is the recommended primary means of heating in cold weather (to save on battery consumption).

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback! I was concerned about the loss of seat heat, given that it is the recommended primary means of heating in cold weather (to save on battery consumption).
I got you, I did have the same questions before, but any covers will also diminish seat heat, so I purchased Taptes seat covers.
I have to say the seat covers save my Tesla seats as I have 2 children in various activities and I am always on the go.

Upvote 0
I got you, I did have the same questions before, but any covers will also diminish seat heat, so I purchased Taptes seat covers.
I have to say the seat covers save my Tesla seats as I have 2 children in various activities and I am always on the go.
Same here…I’m trying to shield them from my 2 kids. Is the seat heat now totally ineffective or just partly diminished?

Upvote 0
Hello all,

Thanks!
I know you posted this months ago, but I just got a set of these seat covers from TAPTES. I'm not sure what the person above was talking about with odor? They are made out of the exact same material as the stock Tesla seats (basically faux leather aka Vegan leather.)

Anyway, I will be posting a full review of these seat covers in another post if you are interested. It is highly recommended that 2 people are used foor this install, and that you watch the YouTube video on installing these before doing so (regardless of where you buy them from.) There are some steps that you need to be weary of like the wiring harness on the backseat and ensuring that you raise the front seats all the way before install. Some other tips and tricks that I will mention.

For the money, these are great covers. They look identical to the stock seats in both color and feel. The main difference is in the perforation in the middle of the seats. Allows for the seat heaters to work better IMO, and allows radiant heat from the stock seats underneath to flow out easier. Looks better than stock IMO.

Reactions: Walter Jacob
Upvote 0
I know you posted this months ago, but I just got a set of these seat covers from TAPTES. I'm not sure what the person above was talking about with odor? They are made out of the exact same material as the stock Tesla seats (basically faux leather aka Vegan leather.)

Anyway, I will be posting a full review of these seat covers in another post if you are interested. It is highly recommended that 2 people are used foor this install, and that you watch the YouTube video on installing these before doing so (regardless of where you buy them from.) There are some steps that you need to be weary of like the wiring harness on the backseat and ensuring that you raise the front seats all the way before install. Some other tips and tricks that I will mention.

For the money, these are great covers. They look identical to the stock seats in both color and feel. The main difference is in the perforation in the middle of the seats. Allows for the seat heaters to work better IMO, and allows radiant heat from the stock seats underneath to flow out easier. Looks better than stock IMO.
I agree! I got many accessories from TAPTES, their seat covers are really the best I have ever seen. Did you get them from their Amazon store? I got another TAPTES seat covers from Amazon for my wife's Model 3.

Upvote 0
I agree! I got many accessories from TAPTES, their seat covers are really the best I have ever seen. Did you get them from their Amazon store? I got another TAPTES seat covers from Amazon for my wife's Model 3.
Yep, got it from their Amazon store, so came in 2 days! I had the black interior on my blue M3, now it's white. Loving the look. Came with the armrest cover, but decided to leave it off. Kinda prefer the panda look.

Attachments

• PXL_20220724_201203894.jpg
    PXL_20220724_201203894.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 212
Reactions: Cypcode
Upvote 0
Installed last night after the tesla vegan leather were wearing out. Had tesla warranty repair the seat and then installed.

It was a simple installation for a novice like me. Took about 40 minutes. They also didn’t interfere with the lights I installed in my car either.

F545BB0D-4446-4748-9D00-8C417D17A1B9.jpeg

Upvote 0
(moderator note)

Posting this note to inform membership that we have found several instances of "Astroturfing" from accounts that represent Taptes. In this context, Astroturfing in online forums is representatives of a company posing as regular members, and providing reviews on products they sell as if they were regular member reviews.

This doesnt mean that every positive review is a plant, and thats not what I am saying. It does mean, however, that the representatives of the company are engaging in a practice which is deceptive (drumming up business with fake reviews).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.