Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Model 3 USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having off the shelf controller comparability and a dramatically lower price point is rather appealing.
I don't disagree, and I'd already have one of these on a slow boat from China if I didn't already have the Jeda hub. I know some folks who might be getting a 3 down the road and I'll be pointing them at the TapTes hub though, if for no other reason than the price point.

darn it... I have ordered the Jeda hub weeks ago and still have not received mine. And now I am extra annoyed that I paid 4 times as much... so tell me more, some of you stated that the Jeda hub is unreliable? At $100 that would be unacceptable.
I guess I'll have to see if I can cancel my order and get my money back.

For what it's worth, I'm perfectly happy with my Jeda hub. It's worked flawlessly since Day One with no problems whatsoever other than the extremely slow shipping time. But the product itself has been great. That said, you're entirely within your rights to cancel your Jeda order (and get a refund) and order from TapTes if the spirit moves you.

Reactions: puckpurnell
I got a Jeda hub, charging pad, and spacer combination for $170. At these prices its a no brainer to get a TapTes. My problem with Jeda was that they don't provide any documentation with it.

For reference the USB configuration from top left to right, then hidden connection is as follows:

Port 1 - Passthrough to Tesla Port 1
Port 2 - USB hub to Tesla Port 2
Port 3 - Extension of USB hub
Port 4 - Extension of USB hub
Port Hidden - Extension of USB hub

So if you plug multiple power hungry devices like a wireless charging pad in any combination of Ports 2,3,4 you will get issues. You need to plug 1 side of the wireless charging pad to Port 1, and the other in any of the combinations.

The Jeda spacer still allows a docking option for the wireless pad vs the TapTes which won't fit a Note 10+ with a thick case.

Last edited:
My JedaHub just arrived in the post today.

Hard to beat the price on the TapTes, wonder if Jeda had a patent because this looks like a straight rip of their product.
I don't see Jeda selling anymore of theirs when they are 3 times as expensive.
same thing happened when NOMAD first came out with thier wireless charger. WAAAAY too expensive. Then Taptes came around for 1/3 the cost.

Here they are again. Knew it wouldn't take them long to sell a fair priced version of the Jeda product.

Reactions: puckpurnell
same thing happened when NOMAD first came out with thier wireless charger. WAAAAY too expensive. Then Taptes came around for 1/3 the cost.

Here they are again. Knew it wouldn't take them long to sell a fair priced version of the Jeda product.

So basically you are applauding a company piggybacking off the R&D of another company only to offer a cheaper and inferior product?