Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Model 3 USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I can see from this thread that I'm not alone in having issues with this HUB. Ordered it as soon as it was announced, and when I went to install it the same ugly issues came to light. for the most part DOA. My new Samsung T5 will not work at all with this HUB. it's not detected at all, but when it's tested with the default ports on the car it works fine, and on a PC as well. I've tried all of the recommendations here and nothing works. I emailed their support about the issue, and got only one response, and that was over a week ago. They wanted me to try all of the common sense things, that I've already tried. Since then and over 5 emails later, they have totally quit responding. Glad I didn't sink a lot of $$ into this, but if they will fix the issues and send a 2nd gen out I guess I can live with that. But if I don't get at least a response from them in the next few days, I'll be filing a claim with PayPal as well for a defective product and get my money back that way.

Just got mine yesterday (2-3 weeks since my order), installed it and everything seems to be working fine. One note, the XBOX controller only worked in the left most port (data port) the other ports work fine for my Jeda wireless charging pad, which isn't the greatest. If I had it to do again, I would probably have been happier with the TapTes charging pad.

Anyone tried putting a splitter on the "left most port (data port)" and then run two controllers from that? I don't have the car, charger, or usb hub yet but I am trying to figure in my head how all this will work together.

yes, a splitter works on the leftest data+charge port, although it really kills the aesthetic and they shouldve just made them all data ports

See my other post regarding this

Taptes Model 3 USB Hub

yes, a splitter works on the leftest data+charge port, although it really kills the aesthetic and they shouldve just made them all data ports

See my other post regarding this

Taptes Model 3 USB Hub

Thx for aswering that Ranova. True on the aesthetic comment, but if I have two controllers and cords in there too, I am not going to mind so much having a splitter as well. Most of the time I'll only be using one controller anyway. Either way though, glad to hear it will work :)

Thx for aswering that Ranova. True on the aesthetic comment, but if I have two controllers and cords in there too, I am not going to mind so much having a splitter as well. Most of the time I'll only be using one controller anyway. Either way though, glad to hear it will work :)

My controller is connected with an 8bitdo wireless receiver the size of a thumb drive and I have a thumb drive for the sentry . They both fit in the hidden compartment with a small splitter

My controller is connected with an 8bitdo wireless receiver the size of a thumb drive and I have a thumb drive for the sentry . They both fit in the hidden compartment with a small splitter

Sounds like a clean setup. I might look into something like that when I upgrade to the PS5 and free up my wireless controllers from the 4.

which splitter are you using? The only ones I found that have both data+power in both usb plugs are thick and large. The small and thin one only passes data to one of the usb plugs

Anyone notice that if you unplug whatever it is you have connected from the right power-only USB port and then plug it back in, the dash cam (if plugged into the hidden compartment) momentarily disconnects and reconnects? You can see the dash cam icon disappear and then reappear moments later. Very strange, no? It doesn’t do this with the left power-only USB port.

Not really an issue. Just an observation.

Sorry for the very very very late reply to this. I finally got around to installing my TapTes hub, and I can confirm mine does something very similar, almost as if there is a slight power fluctuation. However, I didn't see my dash cam icon go away, but maybe I wasn't watching it close enough. For another test, I took the hub out and just used the spliters that came with the TapTes charging pad, and I got the same outcome of my ssd drive having a small glitch in power when attaching/detaching my charging pad to the power only portion of the spliter.

• Helpful
Reactions: WilliamG
which splitter are you using? The only ones I found that have both data+power in both usb plugs are thick and large. The small and thin one only passes data to one of the usb plugs
IMG_20200215_115248__exported_1765_1581786018589.jpg

I saw somewhere they said it was preorder for sure, so I wasn't expecting mine right away. Was surprised to get it quickly. So maybe once this post got busy they got a tone of orders and are catching up. They did answer my emails after I placed the order too

I ordered a couple of weeks ago, just got an email which says

We know it's not easy waiting for an order you've already paid for, the USB hub is a pre-order item, we will ship it after Mar 10th due to prolonged Spring Festival holiday to prevent the risk of further transmission and spreading of the novel coronavirus,the factory & Express company can't back work till now.

So after 2 weeks of waiting on my Taptes unit, I get this from the Taptes folks:

We know it's not easy waiting for an order you've already paid for, the USB hub is a pre-order item, we will ship it after Mar 10th due to prolonged Spring Festival holiday. Blah.. blah.. blah.. I mean 胡说 胡说 胡说 or Děng děng děng děng děng děng

I don't recall it saying it was a pre-order and at the time I ordered. Not sure I want to wait another 4 to 6 (or more) weeks. :mad:

From the order page. I'm not seeing the words PRE-ORDER:

TAPTES Model 3 USB Hub, Designed for Tesla Model 3 Dashcam & Sentry Mode

$24.99 USD
  • Order today, shipped Mar 10th, 2020, free shipping worldwide
  • Buy TAPTES Model 3 Wireless Charger with USB Hub, Save 10% on Tesla Model 3 USB Hub
  • 5 Ports: 3 front USB-A for game controllers, wireless chargers, music etc, 1 Type-C connector and 1 USB-A connector inside the secret compartment for Dashcam storage
  • Snug fit & Tesla factory installed feel: keep Tesla Model 3 console area clean and tidy, no additional USB splitters, hubs, USB-A to USB-C converters needed
  • Secret compartment: store SSD disk or USB flash drive securely, keep Dashcam, Sentry Mode data safe

And nowhere on my order does it say PRE-ORDER:

TAPTES
Order #TAP#####

Thank you for your purchase!
Hi St☰v☰, we're getting your order ready to be shipped. We will notify you when it has been sent.

or Visit our store

Order summary

TAPTES_Model_3_USB_Hub_1_compact_cropped.jpg

TAPTES Model 3 USB Hub, Designed for Tesla Model 3 Dashcam & Sentry Mode × 1
$24.99

Subtotal $24.99
Shipping $0.00
Taxes $0.00
Total $24.99

Customer information

Shipping address
Billing address

Shipping method
Free Shipping (80% package delivered in 9-15 working days)

Payment method
Paypal — $24.99

If you have any questions, reply to this email or contact us at [email protected]

spacer-1a26dfd5c56b21ac888f9f1610ef81191b571603cb207c6c0f564148473cab3c.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Nuclear Fusion
Although it doesn't say pre-order, the first bullet "Order today, shipped Mar 10th, 2020, free shipping worldwide" informs the buyer the product doesn't ship until March 10th. I'm pretty confident when I ordered mine weeks ago it was a late February date, so I knew I was pre-ordering even if it didn't use that phrase.

Reactions: smatthew and sbtz