Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Model 3 USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
D719378F-8253-4494-A3CB-DE7B653FD9A5.jpeg
This is what i use and works great total 6 ports
PS4 controller
Ixpand usb 256gb for sentry mode
256gb usb mini thumb drive for music
Usb led ambient light
And 2 usb uses for oem tesla wireless charging
Way cheaper that the jeda usb hub and it looks clean
So far no issues
D719378F-8253-4494-A3CB-DE7B653FD9A5.jpeg

Attachments

• 2FDB641E-F314-4A68-BED7-1660A831AD88.jpeg
    2FDB641E-F314-4A68-BED7-1660A831AD88.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: house9
Thanks for the USB ideas, but I was looking for a small USB / SATA cable that would fit inside the hidden compartment with my 2.5" SSD drive. Taptes makes it look like an SSD and cable will fit (the SSD does), but it's almost impossible to find a small, short cable that will fit, since the USB port is in not at the very side of the box. Basically only a thumb drive appears to be the only solution unless somebody else has found a suitable cable.

This is the best cable I could find, from Amazon, but it's far too long.

I've tried three different methods of contacting taptes regarding the USB C port not working on my hub, I havent heard anything. They responded right away before they shipped my order when I asked a couple questions whose answers would make be proceed or cancel the order. However now that i have the stuff, that person no longer writes back. The chat on the website never works and I can't get through on the phone to customer chat. This will be the last item I buy from them.

I've tried three different methods of contacting taptes regarding the USB C port not working on my hub, I havent heard anything. They responded right away before they shipped my order when I asked a couple questions whose answers would make be proceed or cancel the order. However now that i have the stuff, that person no longer writes back. The chat on the website never works and I can't get through on the phone to customer chat. This will be the last item I buy from them.

Just out of curiosity, are you trying to use it with a data device? USB-C is power only.

Ordered a wireless charger and hub from Taptes on Feb. 17. No communication from them since. Today the wireless charger showed up, but no sign of the hub. Their website, which had said hubs were shipping March 10, now says March 17. Anyone else have an old order show up in the last few days?

Ordered a wireless charger and hub from Taptes on Feb. 17. No communication from them since. Today the wireless charger showed up, but no sign of the hub. Their website, which had said hubs were shipping March 10, now says March 17. Anyone else have an old order show up in the last few days?
No - but I did get a note from them in mid February stating that the Coronavirus had delayed their production. I thought it was believable.

• Informative
Reactions: berkowitzbt