Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Model 3 USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How does this company work?

I ordered 3 different items from this website.

Once shows Ordered Confirmed with a tracking number

Another shows Ordered Confirmed without a tracking number. Is it shipped or not?

Last one says, preparing shipment. So I assuming they have not shipped this one out.

OK, I took my taptes USB hub apart today. There was tons of flux residue on the boards, so I used alcohol, water, and a brush to clean the boards. Then I used a small file on all the USB connections (except the USB-C one) to clean up the connectors. I dried the boards and put it all back together. Seems to be working 100% better.

OK, I took my taptes USB hub apart today. There was tons of flux residue on the boards, so I used alcohol, water, and a brush to clean the boards. Then I used a small file on all the USB connections (except the USB-C one) to clean up the connectors. I dried the boards and put it all back together. Seems to be working 100% better.
You wouldn't have happened to take before and after photos of the boards and USB connectors, would you?

I ordered in January as well and mine is in LA, taken four days to get through customs and should be on it's way out of CA today. First was the Chinese holiday, then Corona hit, so I can't complain about the delay, I get it. I'll report back on what I think once it gets here.

Holy S%#t. I guess I shouldn't expect my Feb 20th order until middle of April based on others experience. I thought China was back in business! Apparently Taptes has always been an under achiever at customer service, communications, or shipping timeliness, so now with the virus they have an excuse.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri
My USB HUB finally arrived today. Took it out and plugged it in. It fits very snug and I had to use different angles to get it to slide in. (no comments please :) ) I plugged my SSD in along with splitter than runs to my TAPTES wireless charger. Charger works great still.

SSD was working great with the little red dot on the cam icon, then after a minute or so it turned into an X. Screen says I need to reformat my drive blah blah.. Unplugged and plugged back in, starts working again for about a minute then crashes and says I need to reformat my drive. So then I remember a thread from here and I start jamming my connector in and out or the port (no comments please :) ) in order to work in the parts like I had read from others success. 20 or so times, didn't work. Kept at it and i'd say after 50 or so jam in and pull out sessions (no comments please :) ) the cam icon came on and has stayed on so far.

Now I just need to get into storage and dig out my PlayStation 3 controllers to dive into that whole data/power cord splitter business and finally get to play cuphead.

I just got it today and fiddled with it minimally but so far I am impressed with how it looks, fits, and functions, with the exception of having to work in the ports a bit obviously. (Really glad someone shared that by the way.) I'll keep you all posted on the controllers working etc..

Oh and if anyone is wondering. The SSD I purchased: https://www.amazon.com/G-Technology...eywords=gtechnology+ssd&qid=1585103373&sr=8-3

Not saying you should buy this drive, ( I got it on black friday sale for quite a bit off) but it's the one I bought and I was very concerned it wouldn't fit as it looked like it was the exact width of the inner hidden pocket. Well it fits perfectly, even with the little metal sticky they have you put on for securing to the magnet. Connected up just fine with the included USB C short cord inside.

Last edited:
Holy S%#t. I guess I shouldn't expect my Feb 20th order until middle of April based on others experience. I thought China was back in business! Apparently Taptes has always been an under achiever at customer service, communications, or shipping timeliness, so now with the virus they have an excuse.
Jeez, impatient much?

We're in the midst of an unprecedented worldwide pandemic and China was an initial hot spot. It took them a while to figure out what was happening and they are just now getting back up and running over there. Now they are working their way through the backlog.

In light of people dying and no end in sight, I think whether you have a wireless charger is pretty insignificant right now.

Jeez, impatient much?

We're in the midst of an unprecedented worldwide pandemic and China was an initial hot spot. It took them a while to figure out what was happening and they are just now getting back up and running over there. Now they are working their way through the backlog.

In light of people dying and no end in sight, I think whether you have a wireless charger is pretty insignificant right now.

This is not my first order from Taptes...they suck at customer service, and communications even without a global pandemic. Sure they have an excuse now, but this is their typical M.O.
If their value wasn't as good, I'd go elsewhere, but I like the there products when they finally show up. (usually without any status or communications).
How long does it take to send any email to a customer, even if your "sheltered-in-place"...probably no harder than posting on a forum when sheltered.

I live in Utah, it took 7 or 8 days to get from customs in LA to Salt Lake. Expect delays all along the way. Was mine worth the wait? Yes, my car wasn't falling apart without a usb hub with hidden bay attached to it. Price was right and I am happy with the product.

Having said that, I do totally get the frustration with the delays (merited or not) and I do agree that communication should continue even if delayed a bit given the current situation. For me, I wasn't in a rush, didn't have the car for 2 of my 3 month wait, so it wasn't too bad.

I bought the Jeda hub back when it was first released. I've been perfectly happy with it and feel it's well worth the $90.

I know this car spans a wide range of prices and some people here are more price sensitive then others, but to me buying a $90 accessory for a $60k car was no a big deal. I'm happy to support an American company even if it costs a bit more. I always try to buy American when I can. I know the hub isn't actually made in America, but it's still designed and produced by an American company and I prefer to support Americans when possible.

Reactions: Gize
I bought the Jeda hub back when it was first released. I've been perfectly happy with it and feel it's well worth the $90.

I know this car spans a wide range of prices and some people here are more price sensitive then others, but to me buying a $90 accessory for a $60k car was no a big deal. I'm happy to support an American company even if it costs a bit more. I always try to buy American when I can. I know the hub isn't actually made in America, but it's still designed and produced by an American company and I prefer to support Americans when possible.

Humble brag aside I will say that based on the feedback online Jeda's customer service is god awful. So, being an American company or not that $90 should come with stellar response times and product shipment updates IMHO.

Reactions: GoergeJetson