Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Model 3 USB Hub

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Humble brag aside I will say that based on the feedback online Jeda's customer service is god awful. So, being an American company or not that $90 should come with stellar response times and product shipment updates IMHO.

I got caught up in the early delays due to some defect they discovered right after they started shipping and I found their communication to be adequate. I sent them an email and they responded within a couple days.

By contrast I bought a little trash bin thing from TapTes on Amazon and left a negative review because it doesn't fit properly (there is about an inch or two of space under it) and their response to my review was basically "we measured, it fits perfectly". So they essentially called me a liar.

But really for products like this I don't expect much in the way of customer service. If it doesn't work, or doesn't fit, I expect it to get replaced, but that's about it. People that expect an immediate response from a small company selling 2 products might have unrealistic expectations.

This is not my first order from Taptes...they suck at customer service, and communications even without a global pandemic. Sure they have an excuse now, but this is their typical M.O.
If their value wasn't as good, I'd go elsewhere, but I like the there products when they finally show up. (usually without any status or communications).
How long does it take to send any email to a customer, even if your "sheltered-in-place"...probably no harder than posting on a forum when sheltered.
Hi boiler81, we are so sorry for your bad experience with us. And we are happy to solve your problem here regarding your previous order. We are aware that the wait is difficult, we didn't mean to delay the orders.
We had a long holiday (over 1 month) due to the coronavirus, and we are still working on a backlog of orders. The coronavirus had impacted the production and shipping of the product, but our warehouse staff still works overtime every day in order to ship the orders out ASAP. We have many many emails and online customers service to handle due to the delay, we reply to our customers, but we are not sure if our response was in the spam... TAPTES take responsibility for the products and orders. So sorry again for the delay and the bad experience. We will definitely optimize our customer service.
This is a hard time for global people, please do take care of yourself and stay healthy.

Hi boiler81, we are so sorry for your bad experience with us.

TapTes, Thank you for your reply. I certainly understand the issues which are challenging all businesses worldwide during this pandemic. When my order I was placed Feb. 20, the confirmation said "(80% package delivered in 9-15 working days)" . I understand the world has changed dramatically since then, however I didn't receive any communications until I inquired to you on March 16th. Your customer service replied the next day, but unfortunately the email to me went to SPAM file and only generically apologized for delays without an updated estimate.
When I visited your website minutes ago, I find no mention of production delays or shipping impacts for the pandemic. In fact the Model 3 USB Hub order page currently indicates "Order today, shipped Mar 30th, 2020".

All customers really expect is honest communications on these issues.

P.S. I do enjoy your products value and quality, just not the process to get them.

Ordered hub and charger on Feb. 17. Charger came March 4. Got an email March 9 that the hub would ship March 10. Got another email March 26 that the hub had just shipped. It's now March 28 and the shipper says the provided tracking number doesn't exist. At this point, between international shipping delays, customs delays, and postal delays ... I assume I'll get it in May sometime.

mine arrived earlier this wk...
It's nice - does what its supposed to.
So, for price Taptes charges... it's pretty reasonable.

taptes usb.JPG

Beware

Regarding TAPTES I live in HK and they keep promising they will deliver this week every month, so I went to their office in Mong Kok here in Hong Kong TST East where I live just nearby the office - the one they use in all emails and on their website and also called their phone number the number is invalid, busy tone always, and last time decided to I drive my Model 3 to their HK office, it's closed and left many letters on the floor in front of the door

Order number #TAP25493

Taptes I’m waiting 4 months now

• Helpful
Reactions: bcpm3p
I ordered my TAPTES Model 3 USB Hub on January 20. I received it on March 27. So far it is working with no problems. Installing a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 250GB 2.5 Inch SSD in it was a little tight due to the long cable on the Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD adapter which I had been using prior to purchasing the Taptes Hub. I switched the SSD out for a USB flash drive that is easily removed and reinstalled until the in-car dash-cam viewer is available. Hopefully I will get 2020.12.5 in the next day or so and I will reinstall the SSD drive in the hub.

yunExpress tracking info:

ordered the hub on march 28th. shipped april 3. april 6 its at LAX customs. assuming no issues I may get it this week.

Man...I ordered on Mar 15 and it was shipped Apr 2. According to Yuntrak on Apr 5, it arrived at "International airport to abroad -- Hong Kong/China". So, I guess its on the way but maybe not in the US yet. Whatever, I can't believe the folks that ordered in Jan and didn't get delivery until like mid March.

Reactions: bcpm3p and lUtriaNt
Man...I ordered on Mar 15 and it was shipped Apr 2. According to Yuntrak on Apr 5, it arrived at "International airport to abroad -- Hong Kong/China". So, I guess its on the way but maybe not in the US yet. Whatever, I can't believe the folks that ordered in Jan and didn't get delivery until like mid March.

Can't believe it? Hope your kidding because otherwise that is incredibly shortsighted and insensitive considering the current state of affairs worldwide.

The hub I ordered Feb. 17 arrived in the US on March 27. The logistics company took delivery of it at a warehouse 40 miles from my house.

In the 10 days since, it has traveled roughly 5,500 miles, via Newgistics, from one side of the country to the other and back, and now ... is sitting at a warehouse 40 miles from my house, waiting to be transferred to USPS for delivery.

Can't believe it? Hope your kidding because otherwise that is incredibly shortsighted and insensitive considering the current state of affairs worldwide.

FYI - as a healthcare professional, I can tell you that I failed to communicate properly but absolutely am not insensitive about what is happening or how it is impacting the global supply chain.

Let me me try again -- I can't believe that more recently placed orders appear to be arriving at the same rate or even faster than orders placed previously. My concern is more about orders being fulfilled for those "in line" vs. if there are delays or not.