Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All ! I’m considering a set of sunshade for my Model Y. Does anyone here get Taptes Model Y retractable sunshade? Is it a new upgraded sunshade for Model Y? Please advise!Taptes retractable sunshade for Model Y
06EDB056-35ED-4cc6-B5E8-254F94389CA2.png

Reactions: Watts_Up
A few weeks ago. Grace just responded to me on Wednesday and said it should ship in 3-4 days. Perhaps they hired a truck to drive around the country. I am in the bay area how about you?
I am in Rancho Cucamonga. Their website says the sunshade is out of stock, maybe they are fixing their delivery. I ordered seat covers from their website before, the delivery was pretty fast.
I am very frustrated this time.

Upvote 0
I am in Rancho Cucamonga. Their website says the sunshade is out of stock, maybe they are fixing their delivery. I ordered seat covers from their website before, the delivery was pretty fast.
I am very frustrated this time.
Well it supposedly was in stock and ready to ship for a while. Perhaps they committed their available inventory and changed it to say out of stock. I will bug them again this week and see if they are making up things about imminent shipping.

Upvote 0
I got my retractable sunshade from Taptes last Friday and installed it. It took 3 week from Order to delivery. Package dimensions 56 x 45 x 4 and 16.1 lbs.and was delivered by FedEx. It took about a half hour to install. I should have video'd the installation but I got a little too excited to install it before I thought about that. Clubs:

Upvote 0
I got my retractable sunshade from Taptes last Friday and installed it. It took 3 week from Order to delivery. Package dimensions 56 x 45 x 4 and 16.1 lbs.and was delivered by FedEx. It took about a half hour to install. I should have video'd the installation but I got a little too excited to install it before I thought about that. Clubs:

how much were these?

Reactions: Anders Park
Upvote 0
Just noticed I never followed up on this, sorry. We got the $395 sunshade in late May, and it has been very useful in our hot Florida summer. The material is very effective, it no longer feels the top of my head is in an oven while AC air blows on my body. When
IMG_9949.jpg
IMG_9471.jpg
open it does restrict the glass area more than it has to, but still its worth it.

Upvote 0
Just noticed I never followed up on this, sorry. We got the $395 sunshade in late May, and it has been very useful in our hot Florida summer. The material is very effective, it no longer feels the top of my head is in an oven while AC air blows on my body. When View attachment 960436View attachment 960437open it does restrict the glass area more than it has to, but still its worth it.
Does it rattle or make any noise while on the road?

Upvote 0
I got the Otrifowd version for around $250 and installed it. The fit of the pieces could be better, a lot better as there are annoying gaps. The install took me around 45 minutes mostly because the instructions were a little vague. Also, the final screw that's needed to attach the shade to a bar is very challenging to do; I got lucky. This is not an easy install. BUT, it does work and I don't hear any noise so far. If the pieces fit properly, I would rate this product a 5/5. As it is, a 3.5.

Upvote 0
I got the Otrifowd version for around $250 and installed it. The fit of the pieces could be better, a lot better as there are annoying gaps. The install took me around 45 minutes mostly because the instructions were a little vague. Also, the final screw that's needed to attach the shade to a bar is very challenging to do; I got lucky. This is not an easy install. BUT, it does work and I don't hear any noise so far. If the pieces fit properly, I would rate this product a 5/5. As it is, a 3.5.
I got mine installed yesterday, it was actually surprisingly straight forward. There is an install video on Amazon that may help. Lining up the screws in the back was pretty easy if you use the provided Allen key and pull it down a bit. This will allow you to move the bar and get the hole lined up.

There are gaps at the front that allow light in, but it’s not that bad. This is the trade off for a rigid structure given Tesla’s tolerances. I’ll take that trade off for the utility of being able to open / close at will.

My only real complaint is that the double sided sticky tape they provided to hold the sides to the front (cover panel) doesn’t really work at all. I’m sure I can find something to add that will do the job though.

Reactions: cj3209
Upvote 0
So after using the Otrifowd sunshade for a few days, it works well: it opens up and closes tightly. But, most importantly, it keeps the inside cool when it's really sunny outside. I don't hear any loose noises. It still looks a bit ghetto but I think this is one of the best and cheapest retractable sunshades out there. I increase my rating to a 4/5.

Recommended and if you can get a friend to help out, it will really help with the install.

Upvote 0