Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes new wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do folks really think Nomad designed the wireless charger for the Model 3? They are nothing more than a US marketing company that sells reference designs from china. The Taptes charger is the identical product without the US markup.

Maybe less so with members of this forum, but I believe this point is lost on the majority of Americans these days.

None of what's lamented in this thread would be an issue if we had local science, design, engineering and MANUFACTURING, rather than just hipster marketing (irrespective of how good the latter may be).

Received my Nomad last week - it was actually killing the USB ports on my car. It worked for a few seconds and then would draw too much power from the USB ports (and stopped functioning). Contact support last week and I am still waiting for them to ship out a replacement. Will see how the replacement goes...otherwise I am returning it for a Jeda.

I ordered one a few weeks ago. I got an email from them last night saying they were ready to ship the pad but gave me the option to wait (est end of Nov) for a Gen 2 version that will have an improved anti-slip surface. I opted to wait for the Gen 2.
Same here. They gave me the option to wait for Gen 2 shipping 11/30. Since I have a P3D I thought why not?

89181B7D-2715-42A9-A2E8-1DE19EC55407.jpeg
what us the box above the pad where USB cables connect?