Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes new wireless charging pad

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It takes a while to get through customs in LAX, once it gets through customs the shipping company takes a few days to pick it up. Mine finally arrived yesterday.

Anyone know what the 5 little adhesive pads are for?

Mine took 10 days to get through customs, hopefully should be delivered sometime this week.

2018-12-14 19:29

Compton, CA, US, ARRIVAL AT DHL ECOMMERCE DISTRIBUTION CENTER

2018-12-14 09:00
LAX, In transit, it's progressing through Post network

2018-12-11 17:38
LAX, Released from customs: customs cleared.

2018-12-05 12:42
LAX, Shipment arrived at airport of destination country

2018-12-04 11:31
SHENZHEN, depart from airport.

Mine seems to be stuck in LAX after release from Customs... I'm going to be mad if it doesn't arrive before my road trip at the end of the month.:mad: Ordered 11/25.

2018-12-14 23:11 LAX, Released from customs: customs cleared.

2018-12-09 02:05 LAX, Shipment arrived at airport of destination country

2018-12-08 11:46 SHENZHEN, depart from airport.

2018-12-08 00:11 SHENZHEN, Hand over to airline.

2018-12-05 23:21 EN ROUTE TO DHL ECOMMERCE

well we're on the wrong thread but what the heck, I got my Nomad earlier this week also, is great.....posted on another thread that it's charging two sides from one power cable into one USB port. Are you seeing the same?

Yup!

I had my phone on the driver side and it was charging. My phone was at like 90% figured put it on the passenger side since it didnt need a charge and it charged it right up. Maybe it needs both to charge faster...

Reactions: surfrasch
im still waiting for osmone to try charging with a battery bank tat is qc3.0 enable on at least 1 port. Then verifit the amps its putting out and voltage. best i can do plugged into tesla ports is 1.1amps @ 5v

I have an Anker battery with PowerIQ 2, which unofficially supports QC3. However, I only have USB voltage/current monitors from couple years back and I have a feeling that them being in between the battery and pad will cause the battery to default to 5V. I'll try tonight.

Anyone know what the 5 little adhesive pads are for?

The rubber pad that comes with the car (and is put aside when you install the charging pad) has 6 locating "tabs" on the bottom.

I haven't applied them yet, but I'm, guessing we apply the adhesive pads to the back of the charging pad, positioned in the same pattern that locating "tabs" are positioned on the OEM rubber pad. This would be to prevent movement and rattling.

Some unrelated feedback, I don't like how the charging pad interferes with the top cover when you flip up the charging "base". they should've made the charging pad slightly shorter or rounded the top edge or something.