Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TAPTES terrible experience [order from july still not delivered]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't Shop with these guys
TLDR; TAPTES had my A$260 order since July and have been repeatedly stalling on a refund since November

Mon, 7 Sept, 18:42
to sales
Hi Taptes team,
I ordered some roof racks for my model 3 on 30th July (Order #****), but they have not shipped yet. Please provide me with a detailed update as to what is happening.
Thank you
Stuart

[email protected] <[email protected]>
Tue, 8 Sept, 19:53
to me
Dear Stuart,
Good day to you and thanks for shopping with TAPTES, this is Elsa, customer service of TAPTES.
We have contacted the logistics provider for you. The logistics provider informed us that your package was returned due to logistics channel restrictions. We will arrange another logistics channel for you asap.
We will keep tracking for you, any news we will inform you asap.

12 Oct 2020, 11:02
to [email protected]
Hi, I still have had no update on my roof racks being shipped or not, it is now over one month since your last email. Please update me as soon as possible.
Thank you
Stuart
[email protected]

27 Nov 2020, 13:18
Hi there, We apologize for the inconvenience, your order is still In Transit You will receive the order Soon. the estimated delivery time to receive your order
Stuart Keynes

27 Nov 2020, 13:35
That is not good enough. I insist on a refund immediately and without delay and without any further negotiation.
[email protected]

28 Nov 2020, 07:12
Hi there, Sorry for the inconvenience, I am checking with my manager and will come back to you in a maximum of 24~ 48 hours talk to you soon TAPTES Tesla Access

3 Dec 2020, 11:26
to [email protected]
You said you would reply within 48 hours. It has now been 5 days and no reply.
Refund me immediately or I will take legal action and post copies of this conversation on as many forums as I can find so that people can see how terrible your customer service is.
[email protected]

5 Dec 2020, 06:44 (13 days ago)
to me
Hi there,
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I have not heard from the manager yet, I will check with them and reply to you as quickly as possible.
Thank you
TAPTES Tesla Accessories

Stuart Keynes
18:02 (1 hour ago)
to [email protected]
This behaviour by your company is bordering on criminal. 2 weeks have passed with nothing heard from you. You communicate NOTHING unless I push you first. Refund me IMMEDIATELY. I have begun posting this email trail on various forums. I will continue to do so until my refund is received.

I have the same experience with them. Ordered a lot of items 2 months ago. When asking the right questions about when I’ll get my stuff, they respond very seldom and always blame shipping. Not sure what to believe now. They seem to be a fine company, at least didn’t find any obvious negative feedback on the internet except this one. I hope they take our feedback seriously because such conversations like this one could cause harm to their business...

Last summer, it took exactly six weeks for me to get my order directly from Taptes. I tried to order their stuff off of Amazon, but it was sold out at the time.

I am very happy with the products I got (the charging mat and the USB dock).

You've been more than patient with them. Time to call your credit card company, explain the situation, and get a charge back going. I wouldn't even bother trying to communicate with Taptes at this point... just let you credit card handle it. It depends on your issuing bank, but most VISA and MasterCard issuers have to get your money back to you within a certain period of time, as per their contract with VISA or MasterCard, so expect great customer service and a speedy refund.

Really sorry it didn't work out for you. If their products are available on Amazon now, you might try getting them through that channel, instead.

Everyone says that Taptes is just a cheap rip-off of Jeda, but honestly, I've been very happy with their stuff.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Ordered Taptes Gen 2 Wireless charger off Amazon 3 days ago. Arrived yesterday. Hooked it up. Works great

Lol'd @

Great way to communicate. Not

To be fair, though, if someone has been waiting and attempting to communicate normally starting in July, and that statement was made in January of the next year, it is completely understandable why there would be some frustration.

Honestly, though, if I was the OP I would have initiated a chargeback on my credit card, with that chat history. Any decent credit card would look at that chat history, give a temporary credit reversing the charges, and then attempt to contact taptes for updates as to determine whether the temporary credit would stay as a permanent one on the OPs account.

Its one reason to order by CC instead of debit card, etc.

I am not understanding why OP did not do that, instead of attempting to continue to reach out to them. I would have crossed that threshhold somewhere in september / october (after the third or fourth message).

Last summer, it took exactly six weeks for me to get my order directly from Taptes. I tried to order their stuff off of Amazon, but it was sold out at the time.

I am very happy with the products I got (the charging mat and the USB dock).

You've been more than patient with them. Time to call your credit card company, explain the situation, and get a charge back going. I wouldn't even bother trying to communicate with Taptes at this point... just let you credit card handle it. It depends on your issuing bank, but most VISA and MasterCard issuers have to get your money back to you within a certain period of time, as per their contract with VISA or MasterCard, so expect great customer service and a speedy refund.

Really sorry it didn't work out for you. If their products are available on Amazon now, you might try getting them through that channel, instead.

Everyone says that Taptes is just a cheap rip-off of Jeda, but honestly, I've been very happy with their stuff.

I think we were typing this at almost the same time... great minds and all that :p

Reactions: Phlier
Something like,"Refund me IMMEDIATELY", isn't really meant for the vendor at that point. It is something you say so you can prove you clearly asked for a refund after not receiving the product and they did not comply. It checks a box for your credit card company.

and +1 to never using a debit card online!

Reactions: Timbo2
With Taptes, it's often a hit or miss, I have ordered once from Taptes' website directly, and I got it in a week or so. I have also ordered their USB hub on Amazon, and nothing went wrong there. It's probably a better choice to order Taptes products on Amazon instead.

I had the similar experience with Taptes last year.
Order placed in Jan 2020 and used Paypal to pay just in case I had to request money back.
Shipping delayed with covid and chinese holidays.
2 separate shipments in late Feb and late March.
Got the same reply that one of the item was returned due to some reason.
May came and still nothing!
Had to wait until late May to dispute the charge. Taptes had a certain number of days to respond to the dispute. No response and I got my money back.
And sometime in June/July, guess what showed up? Those items! Useless for me since I ordered everything(different brands) from Amazon and already had them on my car.. so if you want their product, order from Amazon and not directly from them..

I ordered two items from them for my MYP: a (hard) center armrest cover and a luggage compartment cover. The first did arrive reasonably quickly, but just didn't fit - total junk, really. The luggage compartment cover has still not arrived (ordered in July) and I have given up. Any of my emails receive the same response: please wait some more. I paid by credit card, not PayPal, and dispute window closed a while ago. I have to write this off. but wanted to warn fellow Teslarati.

Reactions: puckpurnell
Completely understand and agree. I, too, am waiting for two items from Taptes. One may have left an airport in China yesterday but "Who knows?" The other, I've had no information except the original order confirmation on 5 November. Agree with "hififan," steer clear of Taptes. :mad: