Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes USB HUB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to say that it doesn't work the hard drive one way and the converter end the other way, are still too thick to allow the USB to fit into the socket. i'll have to try something else.
I solved the problem by ordering a Scandisk USB Mate and a 128 GB Scandisk high Endurance micro SDXC card from Picstop £25.88. oads of room left in the hub now.

So it arrived at the end of the week but the compartment is too small for my usb laptop HDD enclosure I have! Don't really want to spend another £50 for another HDD so might end up sending back or take a hack saw to make it fit.

This is the enclosure I have on my TB laptop drive
https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-SATA-Hard-Drive-Enclosure/dp/B01N5RLG2C

I ended up getting my spare SSD to fit in w/o an enclosure. I bought the Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD / 2.5-Inch SATA adapter off amazon for $6 (I bought used) and with a spare ssd had enough room to route the cable in front of the SSD, it's not the prettiest, but it fits, cover goes over well and best of all there isn't any room to rattle around.

Moderator comment - replaced amazon.com link with .co.uk version

I will say I had to remove the Hub to get the cords sitting correctly, but wasn't difficult.
TaptesUSBOpen.jpg
TapesUSBClosed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: m3p_uk
I ended up getting my spare SSD to fit in w/o an enclosure. I bought the Sabrent USB 3.0 to SSD / 2.5-Inch SATA adapter off amazon for $6 (I bought used) and with a spare ssd had enough room to route the cable in front of the SSD, it's not the prettiest, but it fits, cover goes over well and best of all there isn't any room to rattle around.

I will say I had to remove the Hub to get the cords sitting correctly, but wasn't difficult.View attachment 569558 View attachment 569559

I ended up doing the exact same thing from the exact same usb adaptor but from Amazon UK!

I will say I had to remove the Hub to get the cords sitting correctly, but wasn't difficult.View attachment 569558 View attachment 569559
The protective film left on the USB connectors is triggering me :)