Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taptes Wireless Phone Charger Pad

Kbra

Feb 4, 2015
San Luis Obispo, California
Any feedback on this after 3+ months of use?
Still working like a charm. I'm running it with a powerbank to keep up with full speed charging as well as USB splitting for TeslaCam.
Based on my experience, I'm highly doubtful to USB splitters will provide 7.5w. Maybe I'm wrong though. Guess it's time to test with a power meter.

CTinCA

Jul 29, 2018
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
Still working like a charm. I'm running it with a powerbank to keep up with full speed charging as well as USB splitting for TeslaCam.
Based on my experience, I'm highly doubtful to USB splitters will provide 7.5w. Maybe I'm wrong though. Guess it's time to test with a power meter.
Mine just stopped working... The red light flashes continuously and it is not charging the phone... Anyone else experiencing this?? It had been working fabulously..

Visionary

Mar 16, 2019
NY / FL
My other car has a magnet on it to hold my phone (I have a metal plate on the back of my iphone). Can I still use the wireless charger?. Thanks

TW14 9LF

2nd EV
Oct 28, 2018
SoCal
My other car has a magnet on it to hold my phone (I have a metal plate on the back of my iphone). Can I still use the wireless charger?. Thanks

Not likely.....unless you can arrange the metal plate so that it doesn't cover the portion of the phone that has the charger in it. Typically that is the middle of the phone, so hard to get the metal plate in a position where it isn't blocking.

Studknckl

May 6, 2019
San Francisco

I just got mine in the mail today. I too have a metal plate on the back of my phone and the charger worked fine in my first test. I position the plate as low as it can possibly go. YMMV but so far so good for me.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC