Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tarocco Rosso

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also, attempts to pick one out of a lineup can be iffy due to variety of cameras and lighting producing different looking shades from the same paint. I looked at many pictures of Very Orange that I thought might have been Magma Orange... There are even some photos where it is hard to tell if the Roadster is Brilliant Yellow or Very Orange.

Reactions: Tex EV
I've seen just one picture of Tarocco, from an owner on the Facebook Roadster group. He was even asking where the others are :). One could mistake it for Fusion Red at a glance, but it's definitely different. Looks like a Tabasco sauce red/orange. Really nice.

Here are a few FB images of EU Sig #131 for reference. Really cool color!

122922952_3513003398788255_8829842628510633525_n.jpg

121253650_3361207983927340_186213332160393753_n.jpg

that’s a very interesting color that I haven’t seen before on the Roadster, kinda looks like carrot juice or V8 juice haha. There are more obscure colors like this?
This might be the most rare "factory color". Only offered in Europe.

There are a number of Roadsters that were special ordered in "one of a kind" custom colors, usually from the Lotus Elise/Exige palette.
For instance, a copper (#500), and an Aubergine/Eggplant as seen in Tex EVs Avatar.

Yep, unlike North America, the EU was offered three exclusive Signature 250 colors - Poire Vert (aka Insane Green), Tarocco Rosso, and Aegean Blue. Then toward the end of the production run on 2012 cars, they got Magma Orange, Galactic Gray, and Cosmic Black.
The "Insane Green" AKA "Poire Vert" is also a bit mysterious and elusive. From what I can tell they decided to offer Lotus "Krypton" green, and started by painting USA Sig #100 in that color to show off in some EU press events, but then Lotus adjusted the paint formula before others were produced in that color. So we have various Roadsters in slightly different shades of that neon/day-glow green color.

See:

• Informative
Reactions: Tex EV and eHorses
And Deedwest has another possibly one of a kind paint color with the "Ion Blue" final 5 North American Roadster.
I think it may have been a Ford paint called "Grabber Blue."

pcolors-jpg.126434

euro-colors-png.228057

me said:
4GN01 - Poire Vert (Insane Green?) (Lotus B143 'Krypton V1 Green' or 'B109 Krypton development version 1')
4BU00 - Aegean Blue [ Metallic ]
TW01 - Sonic Carbon [ Metallic ] ('Galactic Gray?')
4RD00 - Tarocco Rosso [ Pearl / Metallic ]

USA 'Final 5' colors?:
??? - Ion Blue / Grabber ( Lotus C156 )
??? - Atomic Red ( Lotus C157 )

Maybe this was the one "Atomic Red"? :

Reactions: Tex EV
The "Insane Green" AKA "Poire Vert" is also a bit mysterious and elusive. From what I can tell they decided to offer Lotus "Krypton" green, and started by painting USA Sig #100 in that color to show off in some EU press events, but then Lotus adjusted the paint formula before others were produced in that color. So we have various Roadsters in slightly different shades of that neon/day-glow green color.

This has been my conclusion as well, after spending quite a bit of time and money trying them all out and ending up with a custom color :). I was lucky to be able to buy a few of those display hood vanes from a guy in the UK last year, one of them in Poire Vert. It's very green and solid (no metallic or pearls). Some pictures I've found of EU cars in "Poire Vert" look more yellow, which is more along the lines of Lotus Krypton Green and Isotope Green (its successor). Both have pearl mid-coats and are challenging to photograph.

Here's Poire Vert and Lightning Green on my green (Porsche Acid Green w/ custom pearl mid-coat):
IMG_1444.jpeg

Krypton Green (left) and Isotope Green (right):
IMG_9715.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: TEG
The "Poire Vert" looks a bit more "greenish" and your "Acid Green" looks more yellow.

But I am looking at an image distorted by my computer monitor and your camera. So your in-person eyes are what really matters.

My Roadster is black but every now and then I wonder what other color I’d want
My first roast was a Thunder Gray (which I quickly felt looked too boring for its character) and have a Radiant Red now which looks beautiful but still a bit understated. I keep thinking if I’d want a “louder” color (very orange?).

Do owners feel they are more of a “cop magnet”? I haven’t gotten a single ticket in 4 years of roadster ownership and I mostly credit the more muted colors for that ...

My first roast was a Thunder Gray (which I quickly felt looked too boring for its character) and have a Radiant Red now which looks beautiful but still a bit understated. I keep thinking if I’d want a “louder” color (very orange?).

Do owners feel they are more of a “cop magnet”? I haven’t gotten a single ticket in 4 years of roadster ownership and I mostly credit the more muted colors for that ...
113 was originally Thunder Gray. I went down the same thought train, hence the now retina-searing green :). Haven't gotten any tickets in years, but can say the more "playful" colors definitely get more attention. Women in particular love the Aubergine car. I spent four years driving a Thunder Gray and occasionally got positive comments at stop lights and parking lots. Two months into ownership of 744, I had a car full of college girls in downtown Austin announcing what they'd do to me at a red light :oops:.

113 was originally Thunder Gray. I went down the same thought train, hence the now retina-searing green :). Haven't gotten any tickets in years, but can say the more "playful" colors definitely get more attention. Women in particular love the Aubergine car. I spent four years driving a Thunder Gray and occasionally got positive comments at stop lights and parking lots. Two months into ownership of 744, I had a car full of college girls in downtown Austin announcing what they'd do to me at a red light :oops:.
😂😂😂

🙃

I can confirm that the radiant red gets more attention than the Thunder Grey but apparently less than the Aubergine :)

so the Aubergine is a wrap? It looks great!