Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tasty Burgers on the Electric Highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wycolo

May 16, 2012
WA & WY
Last week traveling east two curious burger joints were noted but either they were closed or my timing was wrong.

Coming back I was able to sample them:

1. Culvers - Mauston, WI - SuperCharger is on their property. World Class Angus Burgers with all the trimmings and variations.

2. Fuddruckers - Rapid City, SD - SuperCharger is across the lot, RushMore Mall Entrance is right next to the Restaurant. World Class Angus Burgers, etc etc.

I'd rate both a 99/100. Since McD discontinued their Angus Burgers over a year ago, Hardees/Carls.Jr is about all there is generally for Angus. Culvers and Fuddruckers have raised the bar at least a few notches.

Must be more surprises out there.
--

I hear Culvers makes their own root beer.

Hey Dr. I love your root beer site!
Only tried the usual suspects though, IBC, AW, Hires, Weinhards, Trader Joes, and a couple more.
Looked through your best 5 kegs... I think only Weinhards was on the list...

On topic - have tried Fuddruckers.. but haven't been there lately. Mostly In n Out or Apple Pan lately when the burger urge strikes.

I coulda had the root beer - ooh, so close! I had told the nice lady I wanted the full Culvers experience. Next time. She said Culvers started in Sauk Center, WI and has spread across the upper mid-west.

In N Out Burgers - I've seen these maybe a couple times but with a name like that I would never have guessed their focus is in fact gourmet burgers. Go figure.
--

I coulda had the root beer - ooh, so close! I had told the nice lady I wanted the full Culvers experience. Next time. She said Culvers started in Sauk Center, WI and has spread across the upper mid-west.

In N Out Burgers - I've seen these maybe a couple times but with a name like that I would never have guessed their focus is in fact gourmet burgers. Go figure.
--

Check out California's Best... Best Burgers In The US - Business Insider
:)

In-n-out is in no way the best in CA! Business Insider might as well be the weekly world news or Onion. they may hand grind their chuck but it is not meat from happy cows. There is a big difference in free range grassfed beef and pork and densely packed gmo grain fed cows and beef.
I will agree that in-n-out is better than most other fast food options that supply burgers

Haha Z - sorry I didn't catch that you are from Humboldt county.

Actually I prefer to have my free range grass fed beef (or pork) roasts or steaks prepared in my smoker BBQ - not ground up into patties for a hamburger.

In and Out's fine for when I want a quick carnivore fix. No grass fed wagyu beef, truffle and foie gras laden $100 burgers for me thank you. :)