TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tax credit affect your options?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by nd4spd569, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
?

Will the availability of tax credit affect your purchase?

1. Nope, getting the same options even if I had no credit.

14 vote(s)
    37.8%
  2. No tax credit would cut back my options

15 vote(s)
    40.5%
  3. No tax credit would make me get the base model

2 vote(s)
    5.4%
  4. I'd spend whatever tax credit(half, quarter) I get on options.

4 vote(s)
    10.8%
  5. I'd cancel my reservation

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Using tax credit on aftermarket accessories

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Using tax credit on something else

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. nd4spd569

nd4spd569 Member

There's been a lot of talk about the tax credits for those in the US, but I wanted to get a measure of how important that is and what we would do with it.

2. S'toon

S'toon Knows where his towel is

I don't get a tax credit in this country and province.

3. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I am going to buy the car as I would if there was no credit. Pick the options I can afford/want and buy the EXACT car I want without worrying about its delivery date (especially if the color I want causes a delay like the red did on the Model S - I don't care, I will wait. )

I have never gotten to custom order a car before, so this will be my first time. In the past it has always seemed too extravagant to custom order a car and pay possibly full MSRP when I could bargain down a car already on the lot. But Teslas all cost the same - no dealer prices to negotiate. So I will get to order the exact color/options etc, I want, it's very exciting!

If I get a credit, it will just be a bonus discount on the car. I have already gotten one full credit on my Volt, so I have already taken advantage of the program.

• Like x 1
  4. Tiberius

Tiberius Member

Same here. I'll be ordering based on what I need while trying to keep the price down. This will be a stylish commuter for us after all.

If we get the tax credit, I'll consider it a bonus. I was sad to find out there was a limit on it but I've come to terms with it.

5. petitcolas

petitcolas Member

In France, I deduce 6300€ of the total price with TVA (20%) and if I change my old TDI car (10 years and plus) I receive 3700€ more. I think I buy the dual motor and more battery for my Model 3.

6. nd4spd569

nd4spd569 Member

Results are what I figured would be. I'd personally get the car the way I want, but if I feel like I'd get the full credit I'd definitely throw in some extravagance (P or ludicrous)