Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax credit for discounted cars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have ordered model Y after recent price reductions and I am in line for getting the vin assigned, EDD March 15 to 31. I really want it to be delivered ASAP, ideally before March, not to miss out on the tax credit of $7500. Now I see a few demo model Ys available in inventory at a very good discounts. Would a 56k demo with 1k discount qualified for the tax credit? When I went ahead and tried to order, it didn't show me message that this configuration is eligible for the tax credit.

Thanks

RRR

Solution
Hi all,

I have ordered model Y after recent price reductions and I am in line for getting the vin assigned, EDD March 15 to 31. I really want it to be delivered ASAP, ideally before March, not to miss out on the tax credit of $7500. Now I see a few demo model Ys available in inventory at a very good discounts. Would a 56k demo with 1k discount qualified for the tax credit? When I went ahead and tried to order, it didn't show me message that this configuration is eligible for the tax credit.

Thanks

RRR
No. Doesn't matter what you pay or what discount you get. Only matters what MSRP is.
Hi all,

Thanks

RRR
No. Doesn't matter what you pay or what discount you get. Only matters what MSRP is.

Reactions: ATPMSD
Upvote 0
Solution
The $7,500 credit does not go away in March, there are a few more restrictions, however:

Upvote 0