Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax incentives/rebates in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They were set up for it in 2010, when I got the first-ever EV rebate in Ontario. In fact, Ontario really had never paid one before, and they accidentally mailed me the check instead of Tesla. (Yes I did return it!)

Sometime since then Tesla apparently stopped doing it point-of-sale. Gee, I wonder why??? :biggrin:

Like I have said before, it's pathetic and disgusting that in Canada, there is (a) no federal rebate plan or HST exemption on all EV's and (b) there are import duties on EV's.

Time for the clowns at the Federal and Provincial level to wake up!

Agreed; however, it's pretty clear that Prime Minister Stephen Harper is an avid anti-environmentalist. I don't expect anything to happen while he is in power.

Now what's Canada's excuse for not having a federal rebate plan or HST exemption for EV's? Even the Liberal super majority is bought and paid for by oil companies

Hello everyone, As well for the most current incentive information here's the government website: www.gov.bc.ca/cleanenergyvehicleprogram

This will have links and information about the www.cevforbc.ca and www.scrapit.ca programs that can total up to a $11,000 (CAN$) savings.

If anyone has any other helpful links for B.C. please send me a msg. Thanks.
Hi Way O. First welcome to TMC. The other helpful links for BC are Plug In BC, Emotive BC, VEVA, EVCondo (Metro Vancouver) and last but not least, feel free to join Tesla Owners Club of BC.