TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tax Incentives

Discussion in 'Model X' started by dragonxt, Nov 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. dragonxt

dragonxt Active Member

Whats the latest projection on when the federal tax credit goes down from 7,500 USD?

2. gearchruncher

gearchruncher Member

Sometime in 2018. They have delivered less than 100K of the 200K cars required in the USA, so it will likely not happen until the Model 3 is shipping in quantity. Even then, you have a quarter after the 200K car is sold to get the full credit.

3. Patrick0101

Patrick0101 Member

Tesla recently crossed 122k US sales. The rate of the Model 3 ramp in the 2nd half of this year will have a big impact on how quickly they get to 200k from here. Looking at the trend, my current estimate is Q2 2018, which means the full $7500 incentive would last until the end of Sept'18.
    [​IMG]
    If Model 3 ramp goes faster than this estimate, then the date will pull in 3 or 6 months, but people will get their Model 3s sooner.

I plan to update this when the Q2 sales data is released.
    All of my reasoning is in the link below:
    Will You Get The $7500 Federal Incentive For Your Model 3?

• Helpful x 1