Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tax Questions (specifically TurboTax)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So today I used the 'new forms' and submitted using TT. Got rejected but the reason given was because the AGI for last year didn't match my wife's AGI for identification purposes. TT said "lets correct that and resubmit." I did like they asked, even went on the IRS site and downloaded my return from last year to verify the AGI. I tried to submit with TT two more times with the same rejection reason.

I gave up and went to FreeTaxUSA.com and entered all my data. Submitted it and it was accepted. I think TT still had the car credit form messed up. Like others have said, I too have used TT for several years, but I'm done with them now. More expensive anyway.

• Helpful
Reactions: VQTRVA
Form 8911 still not being included when I try to amend my 2018 return in TurboTax. I’ve downloaded the form and started working on it manually since I have no idea when or even if TurboTax will get 8911 in for amending a previous year return.

• Disagree
Reactions: kpeng
Is anyone concerned about their personal tax information being stored on a third party server when they file with FreeTaxUSA?

most of our personal info is out there anyway due to all the hacks over the years (experian etc). The best defence is to watch your credit reports/monitor now

that being said I use the d/l version of tax prep software but the info is still transmitted online. It also makes the back up process/ old return retrieval harder