Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taycan Cross Turismo vs Y boost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't recall seeing anything like that. However, the Taycan Cross Turismo has published 0-60 of 2.7 seconds!!!
That's for the Turbo which is 154K lol.

Regardless the cost difference between them is huge. They're not competing in the same price brackets obviously. A LR with boost is like what 55K and change? A base Cross is 91K. That said the LR with boost will be faster than the base Cross.

The Porsche can handle the track better than Tesla. Handling, output, etc. it’s a fantastic sport EV.

if you plan to use the vehicle like a daily driver, the Tesla is a better option.
I haven’t been in either car, but the Porsche seems to be better handling and a better ride than the Model S. (Athleticism I guess) :)

I’m not sure if the Plaid has any changes. It seems to be able to beat the Porsche on the track no problem, but I’m not sure if they’ve changed the athleticism of the Plaid or not.

The Taycan and Y should not be compared. If anything the Taycan Cross Tourismo is very similar to an S. But much, much lower than a Y. And much tighter inside (based on Taycan sedan, which is identical save for the trunk ILO hatch).

But otherwise, not a good comparison.

I haven’t been in either car, but the Porsche seems to be better handling and a better ride than the Model S. (Athleticism I guess) :)

I’m not sure if the Plaid has any changes. It seems to be able to beat the Porsche on the track no problem, but I’m not sure if they’ve changed the athleticism of the Plaid or not.

They have. The Plaid is finally gotten close in the vehicle dynamics category vs. the Taycan. It has massive amounts of changes under the skin vs. the old S.

Interesting reading here on a Taycan Forum. Note, this poster is (was) also a multiple Tesla owner and an EV fan. He's also owned multiple Porsches (including a Taycan Turbo) and is pretty good at calling a spade a spade. He's also a former GT3 Cup Car owner. The person he's discussing who experienced the Plaid in this post is the owner of the race shop that prepped his Cup car. They have also modified scores of Teslas (they are in the Bay area) including the poster's who had a full MPP suspension on his M3P. He's had a ton of Teslas through their shop.

Last edited:
Have these vehicles been compared anywhere?
We have a RWD Taycan (granted not a Cross Turismo) and a LR Model Y (with Acceleration Boost). The way I have described these two very different EV’s is that the Porsche is more of an “analog” EV experience, while the Tesla is very “digital”. By analog I mean that the Taycan is much more of a focused performance vehicle built to provide endless feedback about everything going on in the vehicle. It makes much more noise in everything that it does and isn’t about being effortless but works hard to serve as more of a bridge for the Porsche driver moving into the EV space. If you are looking for a performance-oriented driver’s car, the Porsche feels subjectively better aligned to this idea (especially if you ignore the fact that as a taller driver I bang my knee into the dash every time I drop into it.). The Tesla has the EV drivetrain sorted out far better than any other EV I have driven (on my 6th EV now) and feels effortless in the way it delivers power down to the way it one-pedal brakes. I won’t even get into the fit and finish difference between the two but they definetely offer two distinctly different EV experiences. The Taycan is worth a try but I still find myself most often times gravitating towards the Y as that smooth and powerful EV experience aligns much more to my personal preference than the more ”raw” and mechanical Taycan. Like much in life, its subjective at the end of the day.

Attachments

• A5FEF69A-B5A0-4FC9-BFDF-1E49FF62ED32.jpeg
    A5FEF69A-B5A0-4FC9-BFDF-1E49FF62ED32.jpeg
    354.6 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
We have a RWD Taycan (granted not a Cross Turismo) and a LR Model Y (with Acceleration Boost). The way I have described these two very different EV’s is that the Porsche is more of an “analog” EV experience, while the Tesla is very “digital”. By analog I mean that the Taycan is much more of a focused performance vehicle built to provide endless feedback about everything going on in the vehicle. It makes much more noise in everything that it does and isn’t about being effortless but works hard to serve as more of a bridge for the Porsche driver moving into the EV space. If you are looking for a performance-oriented driver’s car, the Porsche feels subjectively better aligned to this idea (especially if you ignore the fact that as a taller driver I bang my knee into the dash every time I drop into it.). The Tesla has the EV drivetrain sorted out far better than any other EV I have driven (on my 6th EV now) and feels effortless in the way it delivers power down to the way it one-pedal brakes. I won’t even get into the fit and finish difference between the two but they definetely offer two distinctly different EV experiences. The Taycan is worth a try but I still find myself most often times gravitating towards the Y as that smooth and powerful EV experience aligns much more to my personal preference than the more ”raw” and mechanical Taycan. Like much in life, its subjective at the end of the day.
Thank you for sharing.

In terms of range, do you find the two comparable?

Thank you for sharing.

In terms of range, do you find the two comparable?
So far yes. The EPA ratings for both cars are way off in my experience, just in different directions. The Taycan can easily approach high 200 miles (far above its low 200’s EPA rating), while the Y struggles to get close to its EPA rating. In the end I find the range for each to be nearly the same at around 275(ish) when just driving them regularly (i.e. no excessive speed, no hypermiling, etc…)

So far yes. The EPA ratings for both cars are way off in my experience, just in different directions. The Taycan can easily approach high 200 miles (far above its low 200’s EPA rating), while the Y struggles to get close to its EPA rating. In the end I find the range for each to be nearly the same at around 275(ish) when just driving them regularly (i.e. no excessive speed, no hypermiling, etc…)
How did you find the sales experience? Were you charged an additional fee/market adjustment to purchase the car as Porsche does with GT and other special cars? I too am interested in the rear wheel drive variant.

How did you find the sales experience? Were you charged an additional fee/market adjustment to purchase the car as Porsche does with GT and other special cars? I too am interested in the rear wheel drive variant.
Amazing…I had forgotten what it was like to have any sort of experience after picking up the Y last year (ha!) but we custom ordered it in March and it arrived end of May and the dealer was in communication all along the way. The RWD won’t snap you neck like the Turbo/Turbo S versions but it is still plenty quick!

The Porsche can handle the track better than Tesla. Handling, output, etc. it’s a fantastic sport EV.

if you plan to use the vehicle like a daily driver, the Tesla is a better option.

Have you seen this year's All Japan EV Grand Prix? Porsche Taycan lacked endurance compared to Tesla Model 3, significantly reducing power half way through each race and even getting lapped.

^^This is some really great racing^^