Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Taycan Takedown

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Comparing chalk and cheese. Top of the line Taycan is not intended to compete with any version of the M3. It will be priced above the MSP and will outperform it, including having a much nicer interior, maintaining full or near full performance for extended track laps, and handling better. However, from the early reports, the Taycans will not have range anywhere near either Tesla.

Taycan seems to be significantly faster after 100mph. I didn't realize it had a two-speed transmission.

All good points.

Would like to see a quarter mile though. P100d does it in 8.8 seconds so sorry porsche you are a bit laggy. I guess if I was in a pinch and wanted to drag 31 one times in a row..I might consider a taycan. lol.

P100D does not do quarter mile in 8.8 seconds- more like 10.8.

When people buy a “sports car” the number one attribute is typically 0-35 0-60 launch at lights. 99.9% will never go to a track. They just want bragging lights of the line. Though the Taycan is definitely brings something new with 2 speed motor, not sure which Tesla owners would be tempted. Build quality will be awesome no doubt...styling is a bit lack luster. If die hards want a track car 911 Gt3 all the way..not a taycan. The more competition the better.
Maybe we finally see a model s refresh after the new completion.

ICE manufacturers should be pulling all the stops out! I’ve seen nothing promised by any of them, attempting to bring a modicum of competition to what we experience. Aesthetics, ride, range, price, and of course, 0-60 times that are worthy of envy. Yet, it is a start.