Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tech. issue email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

First post on TMC...

Waiting for delivery of a Model Y, just got a Tech. issue email alerting me to a “pckg lable partly ripped along with [my] location data” … It appears they have only my name and email, but not my address, and so they are unable to complete delivery of the car to my home…

In the email, I am directed to link to a digital assistant for resolution…

Problem is, the link is broken… I replied saying the link is broken [404 error], but haven't heard back (8:20p PT) and now I’m wondering if it was an actual person who sent me the email, or if my reply will go unread…

Is there a way to reach a “digital assistant” or should I call my SA? …

I've never heard of this, it could be a scam. The first thing I would do is log into your Tesla account and change the password. (You should also setup 2-factor authentication (2FA) on your Tesla account as soon as you can.)

Check your order page to see if Tesla has requested any additional information such as confirming your preferred Service Center/Sales Center pickup location or your home address so Tesla can determine if touchless home delivery is available in your area.

Make sure your current mobile phone number and your email information are saved in your Tesla account.

Tesla SA will usually contact you via text message on your phone.

Last edited:
I've never heard of this, it could be a scam. The first thing I would do is log into your Tesla account and change the password. (You should also setup 2-factor authentication (2FA) on your Tesla account as soon as you can.)

Check your order page to see if Tesla has requested any additional information such as confirming your preferred Service Center/Sales Center pickup location or your home address so Tesla can determine if touchless home delivery is available in your area.

Make sure your current mobile phone number and your email information are saved in your Tesla account.

Tesla SA will usually contact you via text message on your phone.

Thanks for the replies, it was a phishing email, I'm not sure how they knew the car actually car was en route to home delivery (maybe they were just guessing?), or how they got the email I associated with my account, but that's what led me to believe it was a genuine communication... I have 2FA and other security measures in place, but unfortunately now am a little nervous about Tesla's ability to prevent hacking...