TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tech package - Trunk will not stay open

Discussion in 'Model S' started by CarolinaYankee, Jul 17, 2017.

1. CarolinaYankee

We have the tech package with the push button truck to open and close. When we open the truck it opens just fine. When it gets to the fully open position we hear a BEEP, BEEP, BEEP and then it closes automatically. We can stop it manually, however, it continues to not stay open repeatedly. We have tried holding the button when it's open. We do hear a BEEP after a second but this does not correct the problem. Any suggestions before we bring it into service?

2. mrjedistud

mrjedistud Member

It could be that the hydraulic is failing and needs replacement. I had that on my ICE car a few years back.

3. kev1n

kev1n Member

sounds like its detecting something in the way and decides to close the trunk

i wonder if you set the opening height lower, will it make any difference?

4. energy7

energy7 Member

I had the same problem with my Tesla when I first took delivery. To resolve it Tesla had to replace the sensors that detect obstruction. It's been working fine ever since.