Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tech Savvy Owners - CAN data needed - crowd source help needed?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This EV advocate and hacker extraordinaire Jack Rickard has figured out how to take Tesla Drive Units and make them run. This is cool for all kinds of reasons fun and financial - including it creates value beyond scrap for wrecked Tesla's - which should help keep insurance costs down (but I digress).

He has an urgent project where a client wants to take their motor and put it into a boat - NEXT MONTH! (slide video to 1:20:00 - recommend playing at 1.5 speed)

WK52 has been working with him, and as much as my average intellect can follow the stuff is fascinating! They've hit a bump. The problem is they don't have the data from a car with this particular motor release. (This is where things get over my head - hopefully Jason will take over after this post...)

Extremely accurate performance data from the CAN bus

Anyone interested in providing CAN capture data from their cars so they can build a library? This will mean whatever motor they receive they'll be able to run it.