Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Technical help needed with door latch upgrade

Jillmark99

Feb 1, 2019
Ontario
I have a 2016 Model X and was having issues with the drivers door latch not releasing properly the first time. I posted a separate thread a while ago about it.
I decided to repair the problem by upgrading both the drivers and passenger doors with the Gen3 upgrade kit. I purchased the complete kit from Tesla and I installed all the components and the new wiring harnesses but I ran into a big issue. I finished everything up but they don’t work and the vehicle sees both front doors as being open.
my vehicle had a pending software update so I waited until I swapped all the parts before performing the software update. Still didn’t work. After that I drove to Tesla and put my vehicle in service mode and requested a second software update. The software updateagain but they still don’t work and again the vehicle thinks both front doors are open.
Can someone with technical knowledge please provide me some assistance?
Any other time I have changed anything on the vehicle a software redeployment always gets it’s going but this time I’m not having any luck.
Your help is appreciated.
thanks

Jillmark99

Feb 1, 2019
Ontario
^ sorry no I don’t.

Can anyone help with this? I’m sure there are some people out there with technical knowledge about this. Your help would be appreciated.

rush6410

Sep 26, 2016
Montgomery TX
I went through the same upgrade a few months ago. I had Tesla do the upgrade. I do know that after it was complete they were having problems getting them to work and had to go through several software upgrades. You might want them to check it out.

Jillmark99

Feb 1, 2019
Ontario
I went through the same upgrade a few months ago. I had Tesla do the upgrade. I do know that after it was complete they were having problems getting them to work and had to go through several software upgrades. You might want them to check it out.
I will try pushing another software update to the X tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I’ve already done 2 but will try one more and see if it makes a difference. Frustrating.

rush6410

Sep 26, 2016
Montgomery TX
I will try pushing another software update to the X tomorrow and see if it makes a difference. I’ve already done 2 but will try one more and see if it makes a difference. Frustrating.
Since the SC fixed the issue for me, I am not aware of the exact fix. They made it sound like it was a special firmware upgrade in addition to the software updates. It took several days for them to get it right.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC