Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Technical Trading Strategies

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now really isn't a good time to talk technicals. News breaks technical patterns, and the past week has been all about news.

That said, it is worth noting that gravity is still pulling us down to the 50-day moving average. The question in my mind is: will tomorrow's report be enough to reach escape velocity? The only thing that I think can keep this rally going is if they say that they are going for 30k cars this year instead of 20k. I think that is what it will take. I'm not sure that 25k can do it. I think that is already priced in.

Which is why I prefer "buy on the way down, sell on the way up".

This. +100.

I remember a comment by Steve Forbes when the Dot Com bubble was bursting and he came onto CNN with a big $#it eating grin talking about "what a great buying opportunity" it was and how you need to buy on the way down and sell on the way up. I hated that dude as a politician, but I always got the sense he knew how to make money.

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone is worried about the fact that for the past month TSLA has had huge gap downs on high volume while only recovering on very thinly traded volume, always making lower closing highs. To me, that seems like a recipe for a huge drop in price in the short term.
Also, I was wondering if anyone has access to historical intra-day trading data (bid/ask spreads)? I would like to build a trading algorithm.

Frankly Ive been surprised at the relative strength following the earnings report drop. I expect it to cycle down to 33 but it can't seem to drop much below high 34s. Previous range extended below 30. You have a point on e volumes though, not sure what's producing that

I have noticed the volume thing but I am not worried about it. To me it is just saying on days when none of the big players are making moves there are a bunch of individual investors picking up small portions .... I think it is positive and when the big players come in before earnings report price will break old records in anticipation of first quarterly profit