TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Technology of the Year

Discussion in 'News' started by Jackl1956, Jan 9, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Benz

Benz Active Member

That's good news.

And I think that the Tesla Model S will win the European Car of the Year award in March 2014 (to be announced at the Geneva Motor Show).

2. lolachampcar

lolachampcar Active Member

unbelievable given the clout of the German Mfgs... I really hope you are right.

3. MarkR

MarkR Member

Having Tesla receive Technology of the a Year award is awesome and appropriate!

@Benz We'd all love to see the MS get the European Car of the Year, but the BMW i3 and Renault Zoe seem to have received a lot of positive press and are a LOT more affordable than a Tesla. I love my MS and completely enjoy Europe, but don't see it as being a great "fit" for an environment where narrow roads have been the norm.

Yes, I know that's changing, but I also recall the German word "strassenkreuzer" to refer (somewhat jokingly) to oversized American autos.

4. artsci

artsci Sponsor

The Germans criticize oversized autos? I guess I understand. All of the cars they manufacture are so small, Mercedes for example.

5. Calvin.K

Calvin.K Member

#6 Calvin.K, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2016

- - - Updated - - -