TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Tee-hee hee!

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by ICUDoc, Apr 2, 2016.

1. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

Have you guys seen the Whirlpool Forums thread on the Model 3? It's gone totally nuts since the reveal, and it's full (mostly) of people suddenly trusting Tesla and ordering their cars. It used to be half crazy fanboys and half baselessly-virulent Tesla-haters. Also, just as predicted by one of you guys, that thread now includes people now happy to order not just a Model 3, but a Model S, when they previously were a bit nervous about Tesla and its future stability.
    Incidentally, I like driving a Tesla partly cos there aren't many in Australia. Whilst Model 3 is clearly a good thing, I am disappointed that soon I'll just be one of the many....
    That's my problem and a silly one, just thought I'd share.

2. ColinA

ColinA Member

I think we are on the leading edge of significant societal shifts. Do you have a link to that forum?

3. Mark E

Mark E Member

Since the launch I've had more people taking photos of my S.. 3 or 4 in the last couple of days. Publicity?

4. Seesaw

Seesaw Member

I doubt Teslas will lose exclusivity. Even if they sold 10,000 here in a year - which would be huge, the Australian vehicle market is 1.1million units a year.

5. WA-T3sla

WA-T3sla Member

January sales stats show the C class sold 503 for the month and 3 series sold 389 (+125 if you include 4 series). Either the Model 3 will dominate it's class by a large margin or Teslas will remain a rare sight for a while yet.

Interesting in the above stats is the C class sales matched Camry sales for the month.

6. ICUDoc

ICUDoc Member

#6 ICUDoc, Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    • Like x 2
  7. bradjc

bradjc Member

I agree, I had thought the announcement of the M3 would instantly devalue the MS. The M3 seems like its 80% of the capability of the MS, but for only half the price, I thought that would turn people off. But it seems it's just extra publicity and hype with the launch, all good for the Tesla brand, plus the MS is a car you can buy right now, not wait for nearly 3 years for a M3.

8. Chuq

Chuq Member

The thread there is in the automotive forum, so it is in among threads on petrol cars. You're bound to get some anti EV types there. Some people can't help themselves!

9. doctorwho

doctorwho Member

'only' 37 pages of it!
    It's amazing reading the comments, anyone would think that most people routinely drive 1000km daily and so an EV is totally unsuitable for them. I suppose by the time Tesla is selling the Model S 1000 those people will be driving 2000km a day and it'll still be unsuitable:)

• Funny x 2