Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein coilovers coming and springs too!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I reached out to Tein as I have really liked their products with my previous Honda’s and Toyota’s. I inquired if they were coming out with coilovers for the model 3 and below is the response!

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension products. Yes, we'll be releasing lowering springs and a coilover kit for the Tesla Model 3. Currently its in the design phase and are waiting on the prototype for final fitment and testing. Once we finalize the spec, we'll start manufacturing and release for sale. Please keep an eye on our website for new product announcements.

If you should have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

Sales
TEIN U.S.A. Inc.
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA. 90241
Tel: 562-861-9161
Fax: 562-861-9171
www.tein.com
[email protected]

Reactions: aspec818
I had Tein Monoflex on Evo, they were not track ready, but nicely tuned for spirited street. They also have edfc that KW forgot to add to Model 3 which makes it really convenient to adjust them. I'm sure they will come with one way adjustables with very moderate springs. Depending on a price could be a nice addition.

Hello,

Yes, we are in the final stages of designing products for the Tesla
Model 3. We do plan to release products for the Model 3 and fortunately
will be EDFC compatible. For the latest information as to when products
will become available, please keep an eye out on our website under the
'New Announcements' section.

Regards,

Sales
TEIN U.S.A. Inc.
9798 Firestone Blvd.
Downey, CA. 90241
Tel: 562-861-9161
Fax: 562-861-9171
www.tein.com
[email protected]

Reactions: MODEL+
I’m not a track person but did auto cross with a civic SI that I put Tein Coilovers on and really liked them.

A MR2 spyder I owned a few years ago had them installed by the previous owner. I don’t know how many miles they had on them but one was leaking when I bought the car. I took all 4 to the Tein service center they used to have here in Atlanta and they rebuilt them and had them ready within 3 days. Really good support and experience.

I am disappointed that this much time has gone by without the Model 3 having anything available from Tein.

Reactions: SummerlinChiro
Sounds interesting. Anyone else have experience with Tein? I am planning to get coilovers that will work well for street and autocross use (possibly track also) and am considering my options.
I had Tein SS coils back in the day with no problems including their EDFC for track use. However, I’d go with MPP because they’ve put the time into developing a heavily tested product for our chassis and have extensive data to support its success.

got a response from Tein USA:

Thank you for your interest in TEIN High Performance Suspension
products. Yes, the rumors are true! We've just finished the last phase
of R&D testing for coilovers, and are working to finalize design of our
lowering springs. We hope to have coilovers for the 2wd model available
by summer time. For the time being, we may have the awd model available
via special order request. For the most up to date information on the
release of these products, feel free to check our website under the 'New
Announcements' or by checking for available products using the link below.

Reactions: HitUpOlas
That's interesting that they are developing the RWD models first...

Thats only because they asked for both models but only the RWD showed up. I am assuming they were able to get their hands on one in Japan and maybe that's why its special order. The amount of MR/LR/SR/SR+ might outnumber the AWD considering the price range and owners who are most likely to modify.

RS*R also have RWD/AWD available.