Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein coilovers coming and springs too!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just asked Tein for and update. See below for timeline and which vehicle questions:

Hello,

The coilovers are in production and are expected to arrive at TEIN USA approximately late November. Once the date gets a little closer to arriving here, you'll be able to look up the product listing in our products page. We'll also have a product announcement under the 'New Announcements' section on our main page.

The kit will be available for RWD models in either range; however, height will be different for heavier weight cars. AWD models may be available via special order with the possibility of releasing as a mass product in the future.

AWD models may be available via special order with the possibility of releasing as a mass product in the future.
What? Aren't AWD cars more common than RWD, particularly in anyone that cares about performance?

The AWD mounts are completely different. If they've engineered them and they work, why wouldn't they be a normal product, and how do they make them "special order"?

however, height will be different for heavier weight cars.
Isn't adjusting this part of the point of a coilover?

What? Aren't AWD cars more common than RWD, particularly in anyone that cares about performance?

The AWD mounts are completely different. If they've engineered them and they work, why wouldn't they be a normal product, and how do they make them "special order"?

Isn't adjusting this part of the point of a coilover?

Performance is not necessarily exclusive to AWD. If anything most people driving the AWD that are not on this forum have bought it for perceived safety reasons.

Performance is not necessarily exclusive to AWD
Well, Tesla literally only sells the performance Model 3 in AWD.... And that's the only car with track mode. So Tein is selling coil overs to only the lower performance Model 3's by definition.

It's awesome they are doing it, just surprised they started with the cheaper/slower cars and aren't supporting the faster/more expensive/track focused cars where I would think most sales would come from.

Wondering if these are more of a looks/comfort focused product?

Well, Tesla literally only sells the performance Model 3 in AWD.... And that's the only car with track mode. So Tein is selling coil overs to only the lower performance Model 3's by definition.

It's awesome they are doing it, just surprised they started with the cheaper/slower cars and aren't supporting the faster/more expensive/track focused cars where I would think most sales would come from.

Wondering if these are more of a looks/comfort focused product?

Well the cheaper/slower car owners are more interested in modding since they have slower/cheaper cars

Darkside lists the springs already.

Looks like the RWD version has landed. When will the AWD be released? Can't beat the price for coilovers with rebound damping adjustment! Should be great for daily and canyon runs.

Great OEM replacement shocks in two different versions(EnduroPro Plus even has damping adjustment!) for those for a improved ride quality but want to stay at stock height.

Looks like springs are available. Has anyone tried them?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: gearchruncher
I’m not a track person but did auto cross with a civic SI that I put Tein Coilovers on and really liked them.

A MR2 spyder I owned a few years ago had them installed by the previous owner. I don’t know how many miles they had on them but one was leaking when I bought the car. I took all 4 to the Tein service center they used to have here in Atlanta and they rebuilt them and had them ready within 3 days. Really good support and experience.

I am disappointed that this much time has gone by without the Model 3 having anything available from Tein.
Did you buy that MR2 in Houston, Texas?

Anyone try it?
Installed a RWD version a few months ago.
293991157_10166297986025567_2767743820335358244_n.jpg
IMG_3756.jpg
IMG_3755.jpg
IMG_3745.jpg

Last edited:
I had Teins circa ~2009 or so on an MR-S and they were fantastic. I absolutely terrorized the Houston region autocross events in all street tire categories. I have heard rumors that Tein really liked the MR-S and put a little extra love into those coilovers, but don't know if that is true.