Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tein Shocks for the Rear?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before spending $2k to $4+k for a new coilover system, I’m curious to know if anyone has considered new shocks in place of the OEM shocks in the rear, which after having driven my new Y for several weeks, is where most of the bounce, harshness, and vibration seems to come from when driving over uneven / broken pavement. I’m looking for improvement in comfort primarily while maintaining the stock ride height. Tein’s EnduraPro and EnduraPro+ (adjustable) line of shocks includes shocks for the Y that are intended to work with the stock springs and they claim they’ll improve ride comfort and handling. This would be the first car I’ve owned where I’m considering installing aftermarket suspension components so I welcome all thoughts and suggestions whether this is an option that would provide real benefit at a relatively inexpensive cost. Thanks!

Reactions: Motion122
Just had it installed on my 2018 Model 3 AWD LR front and back (by Wilson@Parts3xpress in Temple City, highly recommended).
Added my positive experienced to the Tein EnduraPro Plus Review thread.
The suspension is hitting the bumpstop too often (not enough travel on the damper).
The Tein gives it more travel, and therefore feels a lot more compliant.
My daughter sits in the back most of the time and she appreciates the upgrade.

I would recommend it for the price. Have a chat with Wilson to see if they are willing to just sell the back pair and do the install.
With that said, I think you may want to consider the fronts too, as they are adjustable and improves handling.

Just had it installed on my 2018 Model 3 AWD LR front and back (by Wilson@Parts3xpress in Temple City, highly recommended).
Added my positive experienced to the Tein EnduraPro Plus Review thread.
The suspension is hitting the bumpstop too often (not enough travel on the damper).
The Tein gives it more travel, and therefore feels a lot more compliant.
My daughter sits in the back most of the time and she appreciates the upgrade.

I would recommend it for the price. Have a chat with Wilson to see if they are willing to just sell the back pair and do the install.
With that said, I think you may want to consider the fronts too, as they are adjustable and improves handling.
Hey I’m looking install this on my model y. I’m not looking to change the ride height, do I need to purchase that optional eibach or h&r coilover thingy? I’m super novice at this stuff, would love your input. Also, what about that orange bumpstop thingy? Where do I get it? Is that necessary? Really appreciate your help in this.