TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Tekonsha ZCI Wiring Harness Installation for Model S Hitch

Discussion in 'Model S' started by gasisnasty, Aug 14, 2019 at 3:55 PM.

1. gasisnasty

gasisnasty Member

I have a Torklift hitch which I installed with a friend's help on my 2014 Model S 85 with AP1. Torklift instructions were a little off for my particular model but the video by etrailer was very helpful and easy to follow (even though it was for a 2017 model).

Now I need to install the Tekonsha ZCI Wiring Harness. However it wants to run a wire to the 12v battery which is awkward to get to even after removing the inner small frunk liner. Plus you have to run a wire from the 12v battery to the area near the rear tail lights. Hard to do without a garage type vehicle lift.

None of the videos for the harness are very helpful, mostly because they are not for my 2014 Model S 85 with AP1 but for other models. The Tekonsha video is too general to be of any real help.
    Does anyone know if there is a 12v outlet in the rear that we could hook into. If so, that would save an awful lot of time and patience.
    Thanks