TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Telefónica is responsible for providing connectivity to Tesla Model S in 30 countries

Discussion in 'Europe -' started by Tharo, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Tharo

Tharo Member

#1 Tharo, Feb 26, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
    Telefónica is responsible for providing connectivity to Tesla Model S in 30 countries.

BhanIu_IMAIe4vZ.jpg BhVimNgIIAA_Gmj.jpg

2. VolkerP

VolkerP EU Model S P-37

Owners from Germany, Austria, and Switzerland found out about that because the in car browser shows spanish ads based on IP geo location.

3. ScottEdy

ScottEdy Member

I cant speak for other countries but for the UK, I dont think Tesla did a coverage check. :wink:

4. ManuVince

ManuVince Member

Telefonica owns O2, so they do have coverage in the UK as well.

5. duckland

duckland Member

Which 30 countries?

I know that Teliasonera is used for Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania at least. And Telenor for Norway.

With 45 countries in Europe (+ 4 countries by association) that must mean that Telefonica has almost all the other countries. And definitely all the rest in western europe.

I would love to know those 30 countries and also if there are other countries where you know the carrier used.