Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telemetry and tracking apps, which do you like?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
TeslaFi seems to have a lot of good data and graphs, but no mobile app.
Tessie seems to be updated frequently, has mobile apps and assistant integration, but not sure about the quality of data analysis (when compared to TeslaFi).
Then there is TezLab and Stats, and others.

Which to you like and why? Mobile apps for iOS and Andorid are nice, but if Fi provides exceptional tracking, it might be worth it. I can do my own assistant integration, so don't need Tessie for that.

I would appreciate any comparisons, insights and recommendations on the so many choices possible. If someone knows of a comprehensive offering comparison chart between these offerings, please point the way.

Many thanks.

I've used TeslaScope, TeslaMate, TeslaFi, and Stats for about two+ years. My favorite is TeslaFi. There are things that the other 2 do better - style, privacy, etc… but TeslaFi has been extremely reliable, provides me with the data that I need and want, and often I think to myself "hm, I just thought of something I want to go look at" and it has it. I do wish it had a mobile app…that's my only real significant desire.

What I don't want is a mobile app that has to connect to the TeslaAPI to access my car because it's going to be inconsistent compared to a web service. TeslaMate was really decent…but it was missing some data analysis I wanted that I could do in Grafana myself, but just didn't have time.

Reactions: snovvman
Teslamate. It's the safest, the best.
Teslamate for me as well. For a person with a little programming and home automation experience, Teslamate can pass data to Homeassistant, where you can create automations based on the car's state and loacation. Add the Homeassistant Tesla interface and you can control things on the car like climate state. I use this to keep climate on when the car is parked at certain stores that I frequent and to automatically turn climate prior to the time I need to depart for events on my google calendar. It would be a trivial matter to also do thing like automatically turn on climate when it's time to leave work, or any other location that has a relatively set schedule.

Sadly, the Tesla app is very limited in how you can set up scheduled departure. Homeassistant allows you to extend this the way that Tesla should have implemented it in the first place.

TeslaFi for me, based on my 2 years of using it and ability to fine tune... (others may have this ability too... I don't know), but I've been able to set it so it doesn't wake up the car constantly like some other apps do.
To be honest the mobile app was never a deal breaker for me. I can just as easily use the phones web app to get the same data when i want it. For me it's the ability to track my charging expenses for business purposes. That was my prime usage, everything else now is just icing as far as I'm concerned. They do stay on top of constant updates to make the user experience better.

Sadly, the Tesla app is very limited in how you can set up scheduled departure. Homeassistant allows you to extend this the way that Tesla should have implemented it in the first place.
I've written an iOS app that gives you a lot more capability in scheduled departure. Hoping to share it with people soon, but your way is a good way if you've got the skills.