Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell me this isn't the final steering wheel

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot_20170528-195633.jpg

I wonder what the international legality is of having no speedometer directly in your field of view
You'd think mirrors are more important but none of those are in your field of view when looking straight down the road.... actually when looking straight down the road you probably can't see your speedometer anyway by the way the human eye focuses.

Looks familiar ... Model S :cool:
I disagree... It is missing the chrome trim and brighter "T" Tesla logo... Looks like the model S for kids version of the Model S steering wheel
I wonder what the international legality is of having no speedometer directly in your field of view
Please don't....

What makes u so sure? I know Elon made a comment about the first steering wheel on the reveal prototypes which looked even worse (that it wasn't the final) ... But did he ever say that about this one?

You wanted someone to tell you it isn't the final steering wheel, so I did. I have no idea whether it's true or not. That was not a condition of your request.

This is known in many circles as 'being snarky'. You're welcome! :D

I disagree... It is missing the chrome trim and brighter "T" Tesla logo... Looks like the model S for kids version of the Model S steering wheel

Please don't....
is this not a bright T logo? how much more dressed up do you expect a steering wheel to be with fluff? I'd rather It feels right than has extra chrome trim
18738720_10213290431883156_7616830130447163714_o.jpg

I'm 99% confident that this will be the final steering wheel.

It's too late in the game to be validating candidate steering wheel prototypes. And before people jump on me about Elon's "spaceship" comment, I remind everyone that Elon also called the Model X 2nd row seats "sculptural beauty" (a serious wtf in terms of form over folding function).