Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell us how is your Roadster Interior holding up???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@wiztecy - looks sharp! That's exactly what I had in mind - I like the clean look of the matte black wrap.

There used to be a supplier of CF door pulls on eBay, does anyone know if they're still around?

Thanks. I didn't do the wrap myself, a shop up in Seattle did it for me recommended from the Tesla team up there since the original black ones pictured on there site are were and are no longer available. Its like a black foil type of wrap. I'm sure you can buy it somewhere. Another possibility is to just get a nice quality can of flat black, test on something similar with the aluminum shade, give a nice light sand to the surface for prep and spray.

I thought it was Al and Ed's who supplied the door handle CF. You may try contacting them.

Interior is doing pretty good after a little over three years and almost 30K miles.

The carpeting and seats are still in good shape. We replaced our seats with the upgraded microfiber (alcantara) seats last year.

We were one of the few lucky ones to actually receive our “CarbonOne” CF sills. They are still looking great because when we had the entire body starshielded by Tesla, they also did the sills.

Not doing as well here. I still *love* my roadster, more than any other car I've owned ... but the interior is showing it's age. After ~45k miles, there are a LOT of squeaks and rattles and creaks. The seats are on the verge of falling apart; many of the seams are coming loose, and a couple have opened up completely. I will need to replace the seat leather sometime in the near future. The dash above the stereo has started to "bubble" where I used to rest my hand when switching the (marginally functional) radio. Also: not so waterproof anymore.

yeah, that said I have absolutely no regrets -- this is a wonderful car!

//dan.

65,000 miles in 3.5 years - yes it is a daily driver. Interior looks great - I have the car show trophies to prove it. I did replace the original door sills under warranty when the vinyl wrap separated in the first Arizona summer, but the non-CF replacements have held up remarkably well - maybe they used better adhesive on the newest sets. I did have the interior treated with C-Quartz Finest.

Just a bit of 'denim wear' on Drivers seat .. now cleaned up with black boot polish :)
IMG_1093 (Small).jpg

otherwise, 3.5 years old 10K miles and all as new.

When driving in the rain grit gets in between door seals and body .. which may well scratch away at the paint.
The roof doesn't leak (I got the techs to adjust the window height when hard top came off .. as per manual, but this is something a user should be able to do ....
(unless they assume the butler will always take your can in for minor adjustments :)

Few interior squeaks now mostly gone .. by plastic shims and vaseline (much better than Elises which bang, crash and squeak)
Overall a well made car .. especially as (apart from the battery) its built SO light.

There is something that you can buy so that the dirt and grit doesn't get under the door and onto the floor board, etc. scratching the paint.

Yes, it is shown here:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/4935-Mud-on-the-Door-Sills/page10

but it was part of the SoundProofing Kit #2 and I've been asking for this seal since I got the car 6 months ago...
and the Montreal Service Center says they don't have it anymore and can't do anything about it.

Now, I can understand the SoundProofing Kit not being available...
but I would expect them to be able to find a 'rubber seal' that would do the work.

Hope you have better luck than me if you go that route!

As for the interior, it looks brand new for a 3 year-old car. It only had 9K miles when I bought it so that helped.
I just put rubber mats to preserve the carpets longer as I'm driving it more than its first owner.

Does anyone else use a special product for their seats? Strider uses Zaino. My seats so far are pretty good but there are a couple of pen marks on the passenger side from my daughter.....

I'm also looking for better leather care products for my Roadster. I have a similar story to you and Chad - the only stain on the seat happened the first day I owned it :mad: when my teenage son got in and transferred some grass stains after a game of tackle football. Nothing has worked with that stain. I'm using Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner and Conditioner on a regular basis but not sure how good it is.

The only interior wear is the carpet where I place my foot getting in, and the side of the driver's seat where it get's rubbed getting in.

2011 2.5; so just over 3 years old, 19,800 miles (car is my daily driver but I also work from home a lot). Interior is beautiful still, seats holding up really well, few minor rub marks on the alu sill-skid plates, some minor but obvious wear on the drive buttons and 1 pin hole puncture on the front of the glove compartment.

I had tint done on the windows to help protect from sun damage.

New one today - I dropped the mesh top and one of the pins nicked the steering wheel bezel. A dab of silver touch-up paint should take care of it, but not happy.

I feel you. Had my micro mirror fall off the first day I installed it since Sector 111 failed to give me a set screw nor tell me I needed one. Installed it and thought, that's kinda odd.... shouldn't it have a set / snug mechanism. Then 15 miles into my commute hit a few little bumps and away it went, the aluminum micro mirror fell at the speed of gravity hitting the center carbon fiber console on my 1.5, I then looked closely and saw I got away lucking with only a little ding in the aluminum trim on top. It bugged me, especially when it was a stupid set screw and also that it could have easily been prevented. However I grew past it.

I look at it this way... I'm just happy my Roadster is still in one piece and drivable. I'll take the dings, nicks, scratches and scrapes. At least it shows it gets used. However, I am really suspicious of cars that are too clean, something just doesn't look right to me. Its also too much stress to live with that attitude. Just love it, appreciate it, and drive it.

My biggest fear is someone not paying attention and side swiping me or rear-ending me. And if its totaled beyond repair that's even more devastating.

But mistakes happen. And in my case its due to not paying attention or taking a shortcut when I ding/nick something I shouldn't have. Just learn from it, try not to make the same mistake twice, and move on.

Possibly you can add some rubber grommets to the end of the mesh top's pins? I never had it slip out of my hands but will be more aware now. Thanks! I've definitely had the soft top drop into the car when I didn't lay it on the car evenly when installing it.

By the way, the soft top has plastic caps on at least two of its needle pins, take a look at that for reference. Possibly that's why that's there.

Last edited:
But mistakes happen. And in my case its due to not paying attention or taking a shortcut when I ding/nick something I shouldn't have. Just learn from it, try not to make the same mistake twice, and move on.

Yep, lesson learned - I'm going to be much more careful with the soft top going forward. I've had it drop into the cabin before, but luckily it never hit anything in the past. The pins on the mesh top are more exposed than the soft top so need extra care. I'll chaulk it up to character marks - and try not to add any more!