Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell us what's in an update BEFORE we perform the update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wait for other people to install the build and read what they have to say about it.
Yeah that's the best you can do. of course, someone's got to be the guinea pig...
Good point. I am going to guess the OP wants to see the detail notes in the car without having to go online. That would be nice. My take is that even if Tesla were to show the notes in the car, they are so general as to often not be of much help because they could have introduced new bugs or issues that a user would not know about unless researching it. So yes, check the notes online and see what people have to say about the update. :)
It's really hard/impossible to get a good feel for an interface without using it. Videos on You tube would be the best way. Unlike your smart phone, you can't go back to the previous version.

Reactions: Silicon Desert
Yeah that's the best you can do. of course, someone's got to be the guinea pig...

It's really hard/impossible to get a good feel for an interface without using it. Videos on You tube would be the best way. Unlike your smart phone, you can't go back to the previous version.
great point. For me, I don't look at Youtube videos. I look at online postings to determine whether or not I want to even bother installing a particular update since on occasion I see from comments that a few of the updates seem to have more issues than what they solve. I just don't care about many of those incremental updates especially since I travel a lot and like to be driving with what I know is working. Out of 85 updates in the last 5 years, I have skipped about 10 of them and didn't even bother. Thanks to the "guinea pigs" for doing the testing. :)

Reactions: sleepydoc
Good point. I am going to guess the OP wants to see the detail notes in the car without having to go online. That would be nice. My take is that even if Tesla were to show the notes in the car, they are so general as to often not be of much help because they could have introduced new bugs or issues that a user would not know about unless researching it. So yes, check the notes online and see what people have to say about the update.
At least send it out to some brave users to test and comment on their experience.... Get rid of deadlines... Programmers should actually use the program. Even the worst artist will claim the work a masterpiece.

Reactions: Silicon Desert