Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tell us why you LOVE your Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks
Power
Speed
Technology (Could list about 2 dozen items)
Cool Factor
Storage
Great handling
Electric 'gas'
Pano Roof
Speed--did I mention that one already?

Two weeks you'll be riding in one sweeeeeeeeeet machine :cool:

Looks
Power
Speed
Cool Factor
Storage
Great handling
Electric 'gas'
Pano Roof

Hey, that's pretty close to my list.

- - - Updated - - -

I love the idea of not putting any more money into the Oil Companies pockets.

Less of a concern for me, but I do like the idea of using a locally produced resource (electricity) for fuel

Being able to use the Carpool lane won't be so bad either... Mainly, I just love how it drives. I can't wait to get behind the wheel again.

I have mixed feelings about this. I could put "Green" plates on my car for free and drive in the HOV lanes here in Ontario too, but I haven't. Being "green" wasn't my reason for buying a Model S and so I think I'd feel a bit hypocritical doing that. And besides, the point of the HOV lanes is to reduce congestion and electric cars take just as much space on the road as gas cars do. From an environmental standpoint, it would actually be better to have gas cars in the HOV lanes where they run more efficiently. An electric car isn't going to pollute going slow or fast.

There isn't a single reason I love my Model S, in that there isn't a single reason I love my wife or love my children. I love my Model S (named Tes-Uh-Lah by my son Eli) because, like my wife and kids, it just fits. It fits my personality, it fits my lifestyle, it fits my beliefs and it fits my needs. I will openly admit it is my favorite material thing.

The Model S comes closer to being an extension of my body than any other car I've driven. Just drive something else after driving the Model S for a few thousand miles and you'll understand what I mean.

All the standard reasons + I stopped at a gas station recently for the first time in months - to use the window squeegee. I still (6+ months later) look at my car and smile.

The hoopla over the fire is a bunch of crap. Sorry for the owner and glad no one hurt though.

Coming to your driveway soon....
EEF18D94-9954-45EA-B26E-19518F1E5980-6058-000003BFF29738B1_zps2e5a18ec.jpg

Clean, Quiet, sooooooooooo easy to drive - even when in sport steering mode. Get to re-live youthful fun times (it feels a lot like driving old '65 Vette so many years ago and "amps" it up with qualities important to me now)

Oh... That strikes a chord. My wife and I did all our dating in a Corvette. Then the kids came, and the obligatory parade of soulless SUV's. I can't wait to have a car that doesn't ride like a covered wagon...

Last edited:
Looks
Power
Speed
Cool Factor
Storage
Great handling
Electric 'gas'
Pano Roof

Two weeks you'll be riding in one sweeeeeeeeeet machine :cool:

What I keep seeing over and over is the totally new and improved vision of how a car company should be run. Tesla Responds. Elon Responds. Jerome responds. Tell me the names of the CEO and VP of Ford or Chrysler, Toyota or GM! I think we are all familiar with the names of the leaders, and many of the not so leaders of this car company that competes with hundred year old business as usual (ie: follow the money) old style car companies that can never compete. That goes on my list, near the top.

Nothing else safer has ever been made...until we get an X ;)

Word. How nice is it to be able to move on from all the drama. Sheesh! I hope we get some peace for awhile. That was hard to take. :D

- - - Updated - - -

What I keep seeing over and over is the totally new and improved vision of how a car company should be run. Tesla Responds. Elon Responds. Jerome responds. Tell me the names of the CEO and VP of Ford or Chrysler, Toyota or GM! I think we are all familiar with the names of the leaders, and many of the not so leaders of this car company that competes with hundred year old business as usual (ie: follow the money) old style car companies that can never compete. That goes on my list, near the top.

That's a big part of it for me too. I feel like I'm part of something bigger than just buying a car. This is truly revolutionary... I just put my last (hopefully) $40.00 worth of smelly Gasoline in my car. I am hoping that's the last time I'll have to use a gas pump for the rest of my life. If I never see the inside of a Car Dealership again it will be too soon. ;)

Nice topic, well timed. I am 17 years old, my entire life I have had a dream and a vision of being able to ZOOM around in a fast sexy comfortable extension of my self. Very futuristic, so much power, effortless, exciting driving. This just makes hardship worth it, this is a real joy in my life, every time I slip behind the wheel and experience the deafening silence of sheer power, I am reminded i am 17 years old, altho I have occupied a space on this planet for 65 human years I am 17 again, and LOVE every second.

* The acceleration. From any speed. It just... doesn't... get... old. This is the primary source of my Tesla Grin.
* The quiet. I can hear my kids when they're in back and talking to me while I'm driving at highway speeds. Not true in my wife's CR-V or my old Mazda.
* The technology. It's one amazing feat of engineering, and it has the most intuitive user interface of any car I've been in. Says a software engineer.
* The wow factor. I still enjoy people's reactions showing them the frunk, the giant screen, or flooring it for them for the first time. And I'm still amused by strangers' thumbs-up and random questions.
* The fuel. So awesome to have a "full tank" pretty much whenever I want, and to never have to deal with gasoline or gas stations again.
* The fuel economy. I didn't buy the car to save money, but powering it is SO much less expensive than gas.
* The looks. All subjective, I know, but I think it looks amazing.
* The safety. I have a wife and kids who ride in the car all the time. I'd like to keep them, and myself, around. Nuff said.
* The precision of control. That goes for everything from driving dynamics to the pano roof and screen brightness. I feel like I can set anything to any value whenever I want.
* The handling. As much as some people say the 19" tires and air suspension are "floaty" or whatever, and perhaps they are compared to the P85+, my car as configured can handle substantially harder driving than I'm comfortable doing.

The Model S does indeed make me feel like a kid again in many ways. A kid with an awesome new toy. :)

Agree 100%