TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Telsa App not opening trunk or frunk

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Revdcaptdick, Jun 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Revdcaptdick

Revdcaptdick Member

I cannot get my iPhone Tesla app to open the trunk or the frunk. Both respond to fob operations and to screen operations, but not to the app. Any suggestions?

2. David99

David99 Active Member

are you in valet mode?

3. Revdcaptdick

Revdcaptdick Member

I don't think so.

4. Revdcaptdick

Revdcaptdick Member

In fact, I know it is not in valet mode. I did not put in in valet mode on the app.

• Informative x 1
  5. David99

David99 Active Member

Does the app do other function OK just not trunk and frunk? If it has a weak connection it sometimes doesn't work, but then it's all features not just two. Very odd.

6. Revdcaptdick

Revdcaptdick Member

In the controls section, all other features work: roof (opens/closes), unlock, flash, honk. start. just no front trunk or rear trunk functions. Any suggestions?

7. Ande

Ande Member

very old firmware in the car ?

• Like x 1
  8. Revdcaptdick

Revdcaptdick Member

Well, after the Tesla techs came to the house and researched the problem, it turned out to be a password issue. I reset my password at their suggestion and everything on the app now works. Overall, a very pleasant experience.