Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa-branded or Weathertech All Weather Mats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have the Tesla set, I have had them for 2 years now. They have held up well but the shine on them quickly wore off. Now they look like exterior trim of a 1990's car that's been sitting in the sun :crying:

I am pretty sure they are made by Weather Tech, not 100% positive on that though.

I highly recommend the Topfit mats I just got more than the plastic mats you linked, you can get them with ($280) or without ($250) the 'grass' (normal type of mat) that goes over it.

They cover a larger area, look and feel very high quality (like stitched leather/rubber), are stain resistant, waterproof & washable, plus the trunk mat is flexible for easy footwell access. I think they will be great all year round whereas the plastic ones just don't have that 'luxury' feel to use other than winter; scroll down in my other thread to see my review:
New floor mats- Thoughts
51eFctqy7+L._SY400_.jpg

1130152142.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah i have the Tesla set. Definitely made by weathertech (it says so on them), but they don't fit well at all. They are loose and slide around alot. The sides on the rear seat mat don't sit down against the carpet so stuff falls down under them.

They're still better than the stock mats, but I'm not crazy about them.

I love those quilted ones that Musicious has. They look great. How do they hold up? Does the red stitching stay bright red over time? I have lloyd's Luxe, which I like a lot. They're totally different, of course. They do well with lots of rain. But I don't have to deal with snow.

I love those quilted ones that Musicious has. They look great. How do they hold up? Does the red stitching stay bright red over time? I have lloyd's Luxe, which I like a lot. They're totally different, of course. They do well with lots of rain. But I don't have to deal with snow.

Yeah I heard Lloyd's Luxe is really soft and thick so great for summer, but those are like $600 and my new Topfit are an upgrade for all seasons :) I just got them a few days ago and was the first reviewer on Amazon (i.e. one of the first purchasers) so can't comment on whether the red fades, but it seems very high quality.

@Vigile - I see you got your car, congrats! The pics you posted inspired me to clean my cars interior.
I want to keep winter slush off the carpet so I called Blue Ash yesterday to see if they have the Tesla/Weathertech mats in stock (to avoid the shipping costs). They said they expect to get them this week and will call me when they come. You might want tho wait and see them in person. I've read very mixed reviews - generally positive but a consistent problem has been wrinkling sides on the rear mat. Some suggested that the mat design does not account for the seat rails being different on the next gen seats (and perhaps that it's more of a problem for drivers who put the seat far back). I'm interested in seeing if the mats that Tesla is selling now have been changed to address this.

Just got my Tesla mats yesterday and agree with GuyGadois, mine fit like a glove and really happy with them, the rears fit so snug I actually had a bit of trouble getting them to fit under the lip of the seat posts as it instructs....maybe something has changed, dunno?

Just got my Tesla mats yesterday and agree with GuyGadois, mine fit like a glove and really happy with them, the rears fit so snug I actually had a bit of trouble getting them to fit under the lip of the seat posts as it instructs....maybe something has changed, dunno?
Yes something changed... From another thread here I came to the conclusion a change was made to the front seat rails perhaps related to, or around the time of, Next Gen seats becoming available. It made fitting the Tesla All-Weather Mats a little harder to squeeze under, and the Weathertech-branded rear seat mats not fit right so their mat bunches up near the rails.