TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Telsa-branded or Weathertech All Weather Mats?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Vigile, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Vigile

Vigile Member

2. DougH

DougH Active Member

I have the Tesla set, I have had them for 2 years now. They have held up well but the shine on them quickly wore off. Now they look like exterior trim of a 1990's car that's been sitting in the sun :crying:

I am pretty sure they are made by Weather Tech, not 100% positive on that though.

3. musicious

musicious Member

#3 musicious, Dec 6, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2015
    I highly recommend the Topfit mats I just got more than the plastic mats you linked, you can get them with ($280) or without ($250) the 'grass' (normal type of mat) that goes over it.

They cover a larger area, look and feel very high quality (like stitched leather/rubber), are stain resistant, waterproof & washable, plus the trunk mat is flexible for easy footwell access. I think they will be great all year round whereas the plastic ones just don't have that 'luxury' feel to use other than winter; scroll down in my other thread to see my review:
    New floor mats- Thoughts
    51eFctqy7+L._SY400_.jpg
    1130152142.jpg

4. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Active Member

I believe that to be the case too (they look identical except for the logo). I recently got the Weather Tech ones because the Tesla ones were out of stock. All things being equal, I'd get the Tesla branded ones and save $50.

5. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Tesla set doesn't seem to fit flat or tight. WTH?

6. mmccord

mmccord Member

Yeah i have the Tesla set. Definitely made by weathertech (it says so on them), but they don't fit well at all. They are loose and slide around alot. The sides on the rear seat mat don't sit down against the carpet so stuff falls down under them.

They're still better than the stock mats, but I'm not crazy about them.

7. DougH

DougH Active Member

Not a perfect fit but good enough. The one thing that I do not like about them is that they are hard plastic not soft rubber so they are slippery when you are getting in and out of the car, when wearing dress shoes anyway.

8. CHG-ON

CHG-ON Still in love after all these miles

I love those quilted ones that Musicious has. They look great. How do they hold up? Does the red stitching stay bright red over time? I have lloyd's Luxe, which I like a lot. They're totally different, of course. They do well with lots of rain. But I don't have to deal with snow.

9. musicious

musicious Member

Yeah I heard Lloyd's Luxe is really soft and thick so great for summer, but those are like $600 and my new Topfit are an upgrade for all seasons :) I just got them a few days ago and was the first reviewer on Amazon (i.e. one of the first purchasers) so can't comment on whether the red fades, but it seems very high quality.

10. qwk

qwk Model S P2681

The Tesla/weather tech fit like socks on a rooster. Not worth the $200.

11. Vigile

Vigile Member

LOL noted. :)

12. JenniferQ

JenniferQ Member

I love mine from Jerry at ForMyTesla.com

I'll try to get some photos tomorrow.

He can do any design, lettering, trim, whatever you want. And super fast. And Made in the USA!

13. kmtl

kmtl Member

@Vigile - I see you got your car, congrats! The pics you posted inspired me to clean my cars interior.
    I want to keep winter slush off the carpet so I called Blue Ash yesterday to see if they have the Tesla/Weathertech mats in stock (to avoid the shipping costs). They said they expect to get them this week and will call me when they come. You might want tho wait and see them in person. I've read very mixed reviews - generally positive but a consistent problem has been wrinkling sides on the rear mat. Some suggested that the mat design does not account for the seat rails being different on the next gen seats (and perhaps that it's more of a problem for drivers who put the seat far back). I'm interested in seeing if the mats that Tesla is selling now have been changed to address this.

14. GuyGadois

GuyGadois Member

Strange. I installed my Tesla all weather mats yesterday and they fit really snug. I do wish they covered the big Velcro left by the other mats. The back of the mats say "weather tech"

15. InternetDude

InternetDude Member

Easy, "unscrew" the Velcro pieces.

16. BigCity

BigCity Member

Just got my Tesla mats yesterday and agree with GuyGadois, mine fit like a glove and really happy with them, the rears fit so snug I actually had a bit of trouble getting them to fit under the lip of the seat posts as it instructs....maybe something has changed, dunno?

17. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

There have been a few threads over the years about these mats and they were always praised for their super snug fit. Wonder what changed?

18. AWDtsla

AWDtsla Active Member

Maybe the car shrunk by 2". That's what my rear seat mats look like

19. BertL

BertL Active Member

Yes something changed... From another thread here I came to the conclusion a change was made to the front seat rails perhaps related to, or around the time of, Next Gen seats becoming available. It made fitting the Tesla All-Weather Mats a little harder to squeeze under, and the Weathertech-branded rear seat mats not fit right so their mat bunches up near the rails.