Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa could take some cues from this car company

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Darryl and the guys might have some of these things in the works but they are worth mentioning.

The GoinGreen website www.goingreen.co.uk/ shows a car company for this century has many similarities to the Tesla model. No showrooms, solely viral marketing, a car designed in California - made elsewhere, a car with 3 to 4 months delivery, etc.

Tesla may consider may some of what they are doing: create A zero footprint (carbon neutral) for every car made, certify and help sell used cars, Mobile service stations, battery upgrades, cloth seats option, financing, a "news" page which is like the Tesla blog but is more of a list of related news that the company might want us to know about, customer testimonials, car rallys, a customer support page, and a customer account page.

Things Tesla should never do: Wild leopard or tiger type paint schemes (leave that to the punishment cars), LPG...

The site says they are the best selling electric car company in the UK and the world (though it's actually classified as a quadricycle) and at a max of 45 MPH it's almost a NEV.
They list 850 cars sold. Note the range is 48 miles and takes 8 hours to charge. With over 300 presold The Roadster is gaining on that sales number so fast it's funny.

e

Vehicles looking like that would send the electric car back another 10 years in the US.  I would not pay 7000 pound to be humiliated everyday.  Tesla still has the upper hand.  Lets pray that the company maintains a consistent aesthetic standard in the production of the rest of its vehicle line..ie Project Whitestar.

G-Wiz sure does look a heck of a lot better than a Zap Zebra.

Tesla will do much more selling with its website, and I seriously doubt it needs to spend much in terms of marketing with showrooms and advertising. Tesla can barely handle the orders it has up to this point for the Roadster. Wait until they unveil the Whitestar, clothing with logos etc. I'm sure all of that will be available online soon enough. As much as I'd like to see Tesla affiliate with some other companies to get moving...it's more important to do it right.

And another thing, Tesla doesn't even (as of yet) have to target its buyers. There are tree-huggers, Nascar fans, and even republicans that all seem to want one. "Goin Green" clearly focuses on the environmental side of things.