TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Telsa Dvr

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Ling, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Ling

Ling New Member

Does Telsa Model S needs DVR(digital video recorder)?

Ling

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      225.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      300.4 KB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      676 KB
      Views:
    • 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      687.6 KB
      Views:
    • 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      141.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Naonak

Naonak Member

More info? I have Blackvues in my cars, but I'd be interested in something integrated like this if it is 1080p or better.

3. tinm

tinm 2013 S85 Owner

Yes absolutely Tesla needs this, not only to record while driving, but while parked. I've been advocating for the company to offer a Security Package option in the Design Studio.

I figure it would include four cameras: front, left, right, rear, with four separate, synchronized, time-stamped, GPS-encoded, recordings of the four cameras. Should have motion sensors all around the car, that can trigger recording and/or send notification to owner via phone app, texting, etc. Should have full integration with 17" screen as an "app" with settings, as well as some integration into the iPhone/Android official Tesla apps for viewing and notification.

4. sorka

sorka Active Member

There are already motion sensors around the car. Also, you should be able to draw a perimeter on the display and get notified if it's entered. Not useful in a regular parking lot but if you happen to park in a spot where you only expect passer bys on one side of the car, it would be nice to customize the sensor net distances.