Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa Model S 40kwh model, lots of options - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Telsa Model S 40kwh model, lots of options

Potentially for sale is a super rare 40 kwh Tesla Model S, less than 7,000 miles

Tesla made very few of the 40kwh model, it is actually a 60kwh hour model with a software limit to 40kwh for maximum range of 135-139 miles.

You can unlock the full battery capacity for $10k from Tesla

Cost of this car IF you could purchase it today
40 kwh Model S $59,950
White Solid Paint-Included
Gloss Black Roof-Included
Black Nappa Leather Seats - $1,500
Obeche Wood Gloss Decor - $650
Tech Package - $3,750
Smart Air Suspension - $2,250
Rear Facing Seats - $2,500
Premium Interior Lighting - $1,000
Destination and Regulatory Doc Fee - $1,170
22" Velocity Motoring VM710 wheels in graphite with performance tires $4,000
Custom gloss black trim, gloss black mirrors, matte black nose cone, red emblems and de-badging $750
3M window tinting $500
Tesla All-Weather rubber floor mats - $300
Tesla front trunk net $20

Total current replacement cost: $78,340 plus tax title and license (it would cost you almost $90k to build a similar 60 kwh car today)

The car is in perfect conditions, no accidents, no dents, no scratches, no stories

Asking $69,999 for the car with stock 19" wheels
Asking $72,999 for the car with 22" VMR wheels AND factory 19" wheels

Open to offers

List Date: 11/13/2013

For more info, click here to view the original listing: Telsa Model S 40kwh model, lots of options
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

wDjvaXwJ64RC2.jpg
zyF5FFNqYvQu2.jpg
BMRGtTNUDnUs.jpg
N7rpDH8t3GW32.jpg
Qastr1SRwBdJ2.jpg
YvfavdVdbYCs2.jpg
5yZeePhpqYMF2.jpg
KXuCT4xC21Nk2.jpg

Last edited:
Just my opinion: If you upgrade to a 60kwh it'll be 80k for this car. At that price you can get a 85kwh car that is similarly equipped with lower miles. Chieffishmonger has a nice one for sale (might be a better choice esp. for those that live near NJ) and there are a few on Ebay at that price for a 85kwh car. In CA with a 10k tax deduction this car will be 69k brand new but you'll have to wait until next year because they are only taking orders on 85s this year and apparently less than 100 slots left for the year.

On another note the car does look pretty sweet!

Last edited:
I'm just using some stock internet photos to show some of the features

If anyone has a problem, feel free to contact me

I'm not misrepresenting the car as something it isn't

Several troublesome red flags with this listing.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a tesla 40 that just sold for $73k, no air suspension $2500 and no rear facing seats $2500, it does however have panoramic sunroof and 21" wheels so it's wash, but a fair comp at the same mileage

ebay item # 251358524634

http://www.ebay.com/itm/25135852463...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=251358524634&_rdc=1http://m.ebay.com/itm/251358524634?cmd=VIDESC

Just my opinion: If you upgrade to a 60kwh it'll be 80k for this car. At that price you can get a 85kwh car that is similarly equipped with lower miles. Chieffishmonger has a nice one for sale (might be a better choice esp. for those that live near NJ) and there are a few on Ebay at that price for a 85kwh car. In CA with a 10k tax deduction this car will be 69k brand new but you'll have to wait until next year because they are only taking orders on 85s this year and apparently less than 100 slots left for the year.

On another note the car does look pretty sweet!

- - - Updated - - -

yes yes, i'm using quick and dirty stock photos for the interior....added a disclaimer to keep you all happy

Agreed, if that is a 40kW car the close up dash photo on the For Sale page cannot be the dash of the car being offered for sale. It clearly shows a range of 253 miles. That's impossible for a 40.

tbh, the math never added up for me when the tax credits were factored in. Even if we ignore the $2500 CA credit and just include the $7500 federal one, the OP's hypothetical new replacement would be ~$71k and not $78k and his ask was $70k for used. A similar new 60 that I priced was ~$75k after the tax credit, not $90k-tax.

4Rn8iR5.png

Yea, he must have got at least 57-62 on trade in. Cause after i broke it down for them, and they realized i have 3, they started asking for me value and i showed them the forum with what the go for. They said they'd call me but i was just there to haggle for fun. I love my 40kwh cause i can run around the bay and back with out issues. But the p85 is going to la in two weeks so that should be awesome.