Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa puts Australia last...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No browser - not Tesla's fault, but Oz regulations. A browser could potentially display video, which must not be visible from the driver's seat. Mind you, with only 3G bandwidth, it would be a pretty stuttery video, and they could always lock it out when the car is moving, but there you are.

There was no reduction in the basic price compared to the USA because of the lack of the homelink module. I checked at the time and also made extensive enquiries to see whether I could fit it aftermarket even to the extent of importing it myself.
Sorry, that's only one part of my answer, go back and click expand above, and I've answered the OP's questions. Long and short, I don't think he's spent any money on anything.

Hi All,
Just took delivery of a Model 3 about 3 weeks ago. Two questions:

1. should it have a web browser (software V.9 states it does but I can't see it)
2. Music voice controls:
-This is my major area of concern.
-If I say "Triple M" via the voice control, the radio switches on and will default to 91.0 (but not Triple M). If I say "radio" nothing happens at all. Any advice on how to better to control this?
- I can find no voice activated command that will switch to "Media" (ie. anything playing on my iPhone). I need to do that manually. Should there be a voice control function?

The reason I'm after a browser is to download tesplay which I understand should solve the latter issue. I note this isn't an issue in the USA (where the car comes with Slacker music streaming subscription) nor Europe (where it comes with a Spotify account).

I can also see lots of recommendations to load music on a USB and plug it in but that would be a last resort.

Any thoughts or guidance would be welcome.

Hi All,

1. should it have a web browser (software V.9 states it does but I can't see it)
2. Music voice controls:
-If I say "Triple M" via the voice control, the radio switches on and will default to 91.0 (but not Triple M). If I say "radio" nothing happens at all. Any advice on how to better to control this?
- I can find no voice activated command that will switch to "Media" (ie. anything playing on my iPhone). I need to do that manually. Should there be a voice control function?

The reason I'm after a browser is to download tesplay which I understand should solve the latter issue. I note this isn't an issue in the USA (where the car comes with Slacker music streaming subscription) nor Europe (where it comes with a Spotify account).

I can also see lots of recommendations to load music on a USB and plug it in but that would be a last resort.

I don't think there is a browser on the Standard Range model.

Hi All,

2. Music voice controls:

I assume you have an SR+.
- If so, the SR+ does not come with premium connectivity. This should have been obvious when you ordered the car.
- It has been said that Tesla will offer premium connectivity as a paid option at some point but no firm time frame.
- V10 will bring Spotify but I think that info is mainly for US cars (US did not have spotify at all in any Tesla up to now)
- Tesplay allows you to play stuff off a browser interface. However even if you get a browser it will not solve your issue as the browser will only work when the car is in Park (that's the law for you).
- LR and Perf models come with a Spotify account in Australia as well.

Your best bet at the moment is streaming from Spotify from your phone. USB music is good (and depending on file type used sounds much better than Spotify) but I understand if that's not your thing.