Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Telsa removed my VIN in my delivery window after paying!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its been a very painful week, we were awaiting the ability to schedule delivery after we paid for our Model Y and then the VIN disappeared and now we have a March delivery time frame!!!! So I guess Tesla is going to sit on my Money until we are given a car!!! Seems wrong they can hold on to my money without giving me a car! I've called Tesla twice and really the only thing they can say is we are so sorry and we will try to get you a car asap.

Just waiting....

Mike

Reactions: Gydgyxgocgk
Its been a very painful week, we were awaiting the ability to schedule delivery after we paid for our Model Y and then the VIN disappeared and now we have a March delivery time frame!!!! So I guess Tesla is going to sit on my Money until we are given a car!!! Seems wrong they can hold on to my money without giving me a car! I've called Tesla twice and really the only thing they can say is we are so sorry and we will try to get you a car asap.

Just waiting....

Mike
Wow. That is awful. And so wrong. I just paid and am awaiting ability to schedule delivery as well. Your post makes me nervous!

Because Tesla told us so.

It gives us the steps to do and one of those steps is to pay up by supplying the owner's bank numbers.
no

You can skip that step and wait for delivery. They will not cancel you delivery because of this reason.

They will deliver your car and call you telling you how do you want to pay for your car.

Otherwise what if you pay in advance and your car is damaged in transport?

Unless your state require you to pay in full in advance.

This happens commonly, it happened to me back in December 2020. The VIN can disappear if it fails pre-delivery inspection. I was quickly reassigned a new one however. How quickly you get a new one depends on how popular your configuration is and also may depend on your region (which may affect shipping schedule).

You do not have to make any payment to keep your delivery date. A lot of people wait until they at least looked at the outside of the car before making final payment on the spot (either through Plaid or with a cashier's check).

• Helpful
Reactions: Corndart

Just waiting....

Mike
That’s why you NEVER pay them until you physically take delivery of the car.

That just happened to my. I had my VIN for a week. Got insurance, financing and delivery date and time confirmed. Now VIN gone and can’t get a hold of anyone. Now delivery shows 12/26-12/31?!?
Yep same here and now is says June 2022 :(, got my vin had delivery schedule and all paperwork signed and on delivery day got a call saying their was a delay, updated the delivery to Jan 5-15 and then that got changed and vin removed, now they have my money