Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What TEMAI product are you most interested in?

• Total voters

TEMAI

Former Vendor
Sep 26, 2020
San Francisco
Hi, I just received the Jeda wireless charging pad that says it works with all iPhone 12 versions, including minis, and it only charges the mini in landscape mode; vertical charging does not work on either side of the pad unless I prop the phone up 1/2 inch. Can you please confirm that your wireless charging pad has actually been tested with an iPhone mini and it works, and I don't have to find something to shove under the mini to prop it up to charge?

Also, can you please confirm that your phone mount holds a mini as well? It looks great. Interested in buying both, and starting to feel like minis just aren't supported, by Tesla, or by 3rd parties. Thanks.

Hi @GRACKLE, got back from the team on this question too. Our TEMAI wireless charging pad support iPhone 12 mini in both vertical and horizontal mode. No need to adjust it/ find something to shove under the mini to make it work. We tested to make sure it works.

The phone mount supports iPhone mini too. But you might need to adjust the phone position to avoid the power button touch on the holder's arms due to the smaller size.

Hope it helps.

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX
Hi @GRACKLE, got back from the team on this question too. Our TEMAI wireless charging pad support iPhone 12 mini in both vertical and horizontal mode. No need to adjust it/ find something to shove under the mini to make it work. We tested to make sure it works.

The phone mount supports iPhone mini too. But you might need to adjust the phone position to avoid the power button touch on the holder's arms due to the smaller size.

Hope it helps.

Thanks. But I’m confused about the phone mount. What power button on the holders arms? Does the holder need to be plugged in? Does it drain the battery when the car is off (like a similar powered mount I’m returning)? And when you say I may need to adjust the phone position, what do you mean? Can you show a photo of the mini in the holder?

TEMAI

Former Vendor
Sep 26, 2020
San Francisco
Thanks. But I’m confused about the phone mount. What power button on the holders arms? Does the holder need to be plugged in? Does it drain the battery when the car is off (like a similar powered mount I’m returning)? And when you say I may need to adjust the phone position, what do you mean? Can you show a photo of the mini in the holder?
Hi @GRACKLE , sorry for the confusion. The power button I was referring to the power button on iPhone mini, not the phone mount. There is no button on the Phone mount. The phone mount using gravity to clamp the arms around your phone. (no plug, no battery needed for the phone mount).

The power button on the iPhone mini is lower position than other iPhones due to the smaller size. So the potential issue with the iPhone mini is the phone mount arm might touch on the power button on the iPhone mini.
Pasted the photo about the touch points for your reference (circled touch point in the photo). Let me ask the team if they had a photo with the iPhone mini in the Phone mount and get back to you.
1080x1080-07_7241ddf1-97fc-4fe1-acdd-fb515992899b_480x480.jpg

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX
Hi @GRACKLE , sorry for the confusion. The power button I was referring to the power button on iPhone mini, not the phone mount. There is no button on the Phone mount. The phone mount using gravity to clamp the arms around your phone. (no plug, no battery needed for the phone mount).

The power button on the iPhone mini is lower position than other iPhones due to the smaller size. So the potential issue with the iPhone mini is the phone mount arm might touch on the power button on the iPhone mini.
Pasted the photo about the touch points for your reference (circled touch point in the photo). Let me ask the team if they had a photo with the iPhone mini in the Phone mount and get back to you.
View attachment 613212

Thanks. Photo or no photo, I’d just like to know if they were able to position it so the power button doesn’t get pressed by the holder. Otherwise that holder won’t work for a mini.

TEMAI

Former Vendor
Sep 26, 2020
San Francisco
I have a Y. Does the wireless charger 2 plugs on the back come with a splitter that uses the usb-c plug in my Y?
Hi @CaliX, yes our wireless charger comes with a splitter that uses USB-A (Two USB-C on the back of the charging pad to one USB-A via splitter). If you need to plug UBS-C input port on Model Y, you need a USB-A to USB-C adapter. I will provide feedback to the product team and see how we can make a change for this.
Hope this helps.

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX
Hi @CaliX, yes our wireless charger comes with a splitter that uses USB-A (Two USB-C on the back of the charging pad to one USB-A via splitter). If you need to plug UBS-C input port on Model Y, you need a USB-A to USB-C adapter. I will provide feedback to the product team and see how we can make a change for this.
Hope this helps.

Thanks. I have a Model Y and was wondering the same thing. It would be nice if they could include one or make it an optional add-on for Model Y owners.

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX
Hope this helps.

I was just looking on Amazon and want to clarify. Would we need a USB A female to USB C male adapter? Or the opposite?

TEMAI

Former Vendor
Sep 26, 2020
San Francisco
Hi @GRACKLE and @CaliX , Yes, you are right. USB-A female to USB-C male. Attached adapter photo for your reference. I will keep you posted when and how we can add Type-C splitter in the product package. (as well as the iPhone mini in the phone mount photo). Will keep you posed.
71NBSfs+h+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX
Hi @GRACKLE and @CaliX , Yes, you are right. USB-A female to USB-C male. Attached adapter photo for your reference. I will keep you posted when and how we can add Type-C splitter in the product package. (as well as the iPhone mini in the phone mount photo). Will keep you posed.
View attachment 613241

Great, thanks. I just ordered the wireless pad. I’ll wait until I hear back from you before ordering the phone holder.

• Love
Reactions: TEMAI

TEMAI

Former Vendor
Sep 26, 2020
San Francisco
Great, thanks. I just ordered the wireless pad. I’ll wait until I hear back from you before ordering the phone holder.

Hi @GRACKLE, thanks for your support! Got back from the team about iPhone 12 mini in our phone mount. Here are the photos for your reference:
IMG_5581.JPG
IMG_5583.JPG
IMG_5584.JPG
IMG_5578.JPG

The phone mount works fine with the iPhone mini. But due to the size and weight of iPhone mini, we suggest you have a case on your iPhone mini to increase the stability and weight while using the Phone mount. Otherwise, you might hear some "clicking noise" when you drive on a bumpy road.

Hope it helps. :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: vickh

GRACKLE

Oct 28, 2020
Austin, TX
Hi @GRACKLE, thanks for your support! Got back from the team about iPhone 12 mini in our phone mount. Here are the photos for your reference:
View attachment 613490 View attachment 613491 View attachment 613492 View attachment 613493
The phone mount works fine with the iPhone mini. But due to the size and weight of iPhone mini, we suggest you have a case on your iPhone mini to increase the stability and weight while using the Phone mount. Otherwise, you might hear some "clicking noise" when you drive on a bumpy road.

Hope it helps. :)

Thanks. Order placed!

• Love

OCR1

Jan 28, 2018
Southern California
Has anyone actually tried this one? I’ve seen mixed reports for other similar filters which make a lot of advertising claims but in the end fail to do any of the stuff they claim.

What claims can a filter company make? Even if they claim to be HEPA filters, the only way you are going to confirm this is to use a particle counter to measure the reduction in particles in the cabin. And then you would have to compare the particle count to the OEM filter to see how they compare. Who is going to go to this much trouble to substantiate a marketing claim about an air filter?

Aside from using a particle counter any observations you are going to get from other users is going to be purely subjective.

cypho

Dec 20, 2018
USA
My Charging cable arrived.

And wow, it is really nice. Both the cable and the packaging feel super-premium. The cable wires feel heavy duty with a very nice feeling braided insulation. The plug fits my devices tightly with a very secure snap. And it looks great. If not for the TEMAI logo, I'm sure most people would assume that it was made by Tesla. It really fits the car's aesthetic nicely.

And one bit that is way cooler than I expected. Not only does it look like a mini Tesla Wall Charger, the green stripe is not painted on. It is a light that glows only when something is plugged in and charging.

My only, very minor critique is that the cable is flat instead of round. The flat cable looks cool, but it makes the cable less flexible. I'm not sure if that was a great tradeoff.

PXL_20201203_192853604.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC