TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Temperature randomly rising.

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by YauKwan, Mar 6, 2018.

Tags:
  1. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

Anyone run into this. My car sitting there since I parked it this morning. It’s in NJ and it’s 40 degrees outside. I was checking my referral count and saw that my car was going crazy and was at 100+ degrees. I turned on cabin cooling but grabbed a screen shot. Freaked out now... 28577212_10104743157012125_4463909112134676197_n.jpg

2. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Yikes! Maybe your Model 3 is pre-heating in preparation for the snow storm tomorrow?

Seriously though, that's a bit concerning!

3. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

@PoitNarf People are telling me this is normal...what is your temperature at?

4. pcpro

pcpro Member

probably phantom touches

5. PoitNarf

Current temperature is "null value". I've configured but haven't been assigned a VIN yet :D

• Funny x 2
  6. PoitNarf

Phantom touches when the car is parked with no occupants and screen should be off?

7. navinsiri

navinsiri Member

It was a really sunny day here in NJ so the car basically turns into a mobile greenhouse.
    Happens pretty often to me

• Like x 1
  8. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

Yep. My X was sitting at Tysons for several days waiting to be worked on. Interior got *hot*. I actually turned on the climate to cool it down. :D (Um, this was back in September....)

9. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

So, which is it? Is the factory glass coating excellent at filtering heat or is it a green house? The answer seems to change depending on what you are asking....

10. erthquake

erthquake Active Member

The roof glass is excellent where it is tinted. Door windows, front/back windshields probably not so much.

11. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

The other issue is most of us can't remotely monitor the interior temperature of our car currently. So, I have no reference how hot it is right now (non tesla ). When I first see that data, it may surprise me and make me feel like something is wrong even if it is the same as my current car.

• Like x 1
  12. playarrz

playarrz Member

This happened to me too. It was my first time charging using an EV share outlet. Very frightening.

Attached Files:

13. C141medic

C141medic Supporting Member

14. silentsnow31802

Did anyone check to see if the climate was actually running? It will show you in the app.
    Also weird coincidence that the two pics have the same temp of 93 degrees.

15. novox77

novox77 1.21 Gigawatts

both. because the front, back and sides are untreated like a normal car. and like a normal car, it can get damn hot if you don't crack a window. If untreated, the top glass would create even hotter conditions than a typical car.